Nice case for storing my HP-2's

recstar24

Hey guys,

Do you have any ideas/recommendations/links to a nice, sturdy, protective case for my hp2's to store when not in use? I searched and saw what postjack used, a quantary camera case, but seemed a bit bulky and overkill. Though it looked nice, and you could cut out the foam. I saw something like this on HF in the pic below, up top:

home_phones.jpg

That seems to fit it perfectly, and not be as tall as the one postjack used.

The best I found so far online is from the local pelican dealer up north for $75 with free UPS shipping. There is one on amazon for $57 but with $17 shipping pretty much same thing. If anyone knows of anything cheaper, great. If not, I will go ahead and bite on this before the end of the day:p

EDIT: There is a couple of stock direct from amazon for $61 with their free saver shipping.

Edited by recstar24

I'm using a hard leather case which is supposedly made to keep jewels inside. It has a drawer, so you can take it completely out and use it as a side surface to leave the phones on when resting for a while. My wife found it at a handbags and leather cases store on deal sale for having a slight defect. I haven't found it yet and cost just 30 euros or so.

I use a metal toolcase from lowes,You can get them from home depot as well( I like the Lowes one better) about $25.00. Has the foam insert you can take out pieces form fit whatever you want to put in it.

Thats what I store My Hp1000s in.

You wouldn't happen to have a model # or pic by chance, would you? I plan on going there in a bit, but would be helpful to their staff if I could give them some kind of direction.

This is the one I found from Lowes for $30:

076174939446.jpg

Here is the pelican on Nate linked to:

51cTW6ebSpL._SS500_.jpg

41aS3aU3k4L._SS500_.jpg

The pelican is about 2x as much though.

Edited by recstar24

You wouldn't happen to have a model # or pic by chance, would you? I plan on going there in a bit, but would be helpful to their staff if I could give them some kind of direction.

This is the one I found from Lowes for $30:

076174939446.jpg

Here is the pelican on Nate linked to:

51cTW6ebSpL._SS500_.jpg

41aS3aU3k4L._SS500_.jpg

The pelican is about 2x as much though.

I looked online at lowes & home depot & didn't see it listed anymore.

It looks more like the pelican case only deeper.

search "mezzi" on ebay and you should find a bunch of hard laptop cases for cheap.

i use one for my Acer Aspire one net book now, it comes with pull and pluck foam also..

they are cheap in price and quality is ok but what do you really need for storing headphones? pelican is over kill...way to much money and protection for something that will never need it so don't waste your money, unless you live on a boat and want the headphones water proof when not in use..

search "mezzi" on ebay and you should find a bunch of hard laptop cases for cheap.

i use one for my Acer Aspire one net book now, it comes with pull and pluck foam also..

they are cheap in price and quality is ok but what do you really need for storing headphones? pelican is over kill...way to much money and protection for something that will never need it so don't waste your money, unless you live on a boat and want the headphones water proof when not in use..

Duh...or nuclear warfare, or acts of god like massive hurricanes. Actually, one of our water pipes busted in the lower level bathroom which is on the same floor as my gear! Luckily I caught it somewhat in time and was able to turn off the water, and get a plumber in within an hour to take care of it. Water seeped into maybe a foot if even of the carpet from the bathroom into the main area. With a pelican, no worries;)

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: Now that I actually have my HP-2's, I went ahead and plucked some of the foam out after tracing the outline from them 1st.

recstar24-albums-ryan-clarin-photos-picture586-dsc00903.jpg

And with the cans actually inside of them.

recstar24-albums-ryan-clarin-photos-picture587-dsc00901.jpg

I am pretty happy with the result. There is an air pressure purge control valve as well that I guess does its thing automatically whenever you close it shut. I can go to bed safe at night knowing that if the house catches on fire or becomes submerged in water, my hp's will be safe and sound.:D

I can never cut foam that neat.

Oh you don't need to. Its a pick and pluck foam, which basically consists of all these very tiny cubes of foam that you can pick apart separately (think boxes on a piece of graph paper). So once I traced it, I just plucked out the pieces of foam that needed to go out, and voila! Fits nicely.