Neko Audio DAC

Hopstretch

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who aren't aware, all cables are blessed by Niea (one of my cats) at various points during the construction process.

As a result, with my cables you'll get much smoother and detailed reproduction of the frequencies so high as to be inaudible to humans, but your cats will know the difference immediately.

• 2 months later...

A couple more reviews from the loaner program.

"Very analogue sounding was my first reaction. Smooth and polite are two adjectives that best describe the sound of the Neko. Musical and involving would be others. Female vocals shone though and were very engaging with little harshness or stridency."

-Pneumonic (full review)

"It had a relaxed and analog like sound...which was seductive. For me this was the Neko

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Neko DAC on loan (thanks Wes!). Listening to it right now. I haven't had it for that long, but I can already say that this is a fine DAC and I can easily see this group liking it. I have it going head-to-head with the PS Audio right now, which should actually be kind of interesting because they are both using Wolfson chipses, although different models I think. I'll have more to say, but I like what I'm hearing so far out of it with the B22 and HF2s.

• 2 weeks later...