JH Audio stuffs

atothex

colin, there's a good shot that they'll have another deal sometime soon, and aren't you supposed to win these at canjam this year?

Yeah, good point. Maybe if they have this deal at canjam, or a month after or something, that would be good. Not for me of course, since I plan to win them at canjam.

Colin, you have no need for these overrated, overpriced, bass-shy FOTYs.

Heh, thanks Dinny.

Holy frak. The trivia question for the free JH13 is "What was the first concert tour Jerry Harvey mixed professionally? **Please submit the name of the artist and tour."

Posted about 14 minutes ago as I write this, hurry if you think you know the answer.

This is a tough... | Facebook

Edit: too late. The answer was, David Lee Roth, Skyscraper Tour

That's kind of what I figured since Brittany is listed as an owner.

edit: And I just have to commend JH Audio for the amazing customer service they have provided thus far. Brittany was great to deal with when getting the demo set up and since then has responded promptly to any email I've sent. Not that I've sent a lot, I think three since I sent the demo's back, the first being my question regarding the sale which I got a response to within a half hour. The evening after I got my impressions I had a couple of questions about them, I debated posting the questions here but then thought no I'll go straight to the source so I emailed Brittany with them. Considering I sent the emails well outside of any normal working hours the earliest I expected a response was the next day but it was only a few minutes after I sent the email that I got a response. I don't expect that will happen all the time but it certainly adds a level of confidence that questions and issues will be dealt with in a timely manner.

So stay away from ordering from their website? And yes I got some bizarre security warning when I first went to their site

I manage the front end & store for JHA. Yeah, there was a GoDaddy server exploit running around last week, but I cleaned it out. If you see any re-infection feel free to let me know. We're moving the store to a lower-profile host this week.

-Shawn

For everything there's an exception and I was unlucky to be that exception for the JHaudio service.

First it seems something went wrong with the order and they forgot about it, people with later receiving impressions than mine and with 30 order numbers ahead of me got the shipping notice last week.

When I called them to know the status they dint know what was going on and after 10 minutes on the phone waiting for an answer they told me they would send and email and they did, saying it will be shipped Tuesday.

It doesn't bother me much to wait a few weeks more since I have already waited for months, but the thing is if I dint follow the order numbers and didn't have a call on them I would be waiting for nothing it seems.

As if this wasn't lucky enough they got my address wrong for UPS and the answer I got from JHaudio was "For international shipments UPS will not change addresses. We will have to see how it goes. I’m sorry about that." this last isn't their fault of course .

So this is kinda an head-ups if you aren't from USA and thinking to buy a jhaudio product, since you have waited this much I would suggest to wait a month or so until they get back on track with the delayed orders.

Btw isn't really there an option with ups, something I could try, any one has experienced this and did you fix it?.

Finally got my JH16 a few hours ago and I was not impressed...The sound lacks treble and a bit muffled. I have this feeling of a sucking vacum and a bit like congested ears with wax.

I tried pressing both at same time inside that feeling was gone and the sound changed drastically, the treble was great and the headroom impressive I would say.

Now I'm not sure what to say to jhaudio if its a bad fit or just not long enough tubes I'm bit lost.. Should I take new impressions ?

What tricks can I use to check if isolation is right ?

Edited by Spychedelic Whale