JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I just received my "In The Lab" email which is both exciting and disappointing at the same time as I had emailed them on Monday with some questions in regards to the 3A and also an inquiry in regards to the possibility and costs of adding it to my 13Pro order. Although I was leaning towards adding it I was still on the fence so I'll have to look at this as fate stepping.

Or you could call them.

Yeah, it's a bit hard from work, I shot off a quick email when I got the notice and called when I got home. I didn't get a reply to the email as yet and just got the answering machine when I called. As I said I was on the fence with the decision so if it's out of my hands I can live with it. My main concerns are losing a level of portability, having to sell my Pico to fund it which I'll admit I'm hesitant to do as I love that thing and then there's the wait time.

If it doesn't work out now I may look at saving my pennies and purchasing a system down the road with the bonus that it would likely be a more mature product by then (and by the time I pay off the 13's and save up again it could be a very mature system :P).

Another one bites the dust. Just placed order for 13's. Yeah I am a bit behind the boat, but better late than never. You guys suck ;)

Congrats! It took me just about as long, I pined away for almost a year following this thread. Did you go for a 3A as well?

Congrats! It took me just about as long, I pined away for almost a year following this thread. Did you go for a 3A as well?

No 3a. Though it was fantastic and to my ears noticeably better than just the 13's, I plan on using them portably and occasionally with just an iPod or iPad.

Congrats, Ryan! What color did you get and any artwork(s)?

Muddy water blue, translucent, with the jh audio flying logo and label. I am a sucker for their branding.

I already know what his next project should be -- it'll have to be the JH13.2 -- separate entry points for the different crossover sections, with an external digital processor to correct for the crossovers. And then you'd have to tri-amp them.

Back in November. Your pretty good ;)

I absolutely fell for these, first in concept and then in person. I've always been a sucker for bi/tri amping in speaker situations providing you can get the crossover right it should smoke a traditional crossover.

I've been too busy and additionally lack the required knowledge to tri amp my speakers but have wanted to do something like a 2a3 tweeter driver, 300b mid and SS bass set up coming straight out of the ULN- 8 using the built in eq/sonic tools.

Well fucking Jerry Harvey and Matt McBeth did this in a way that really met my expectations. I stepped up with my Ipad (wanted to hear my music) and my 13s and while in queue listened to a few tracks mostly XRCD stuff of Blue Note and the great but horribly compressed new STP cd. Jerry fitted me and we inserted my Ipad and I was blown away by what I heard.

Soundstage, instrument texture dynamics were all improved. Oddly the one thing that really stuck with me was the new STP record. With my 13s you can easily follow the bass line but with the 3a set up you really hear into the track with increased resolution that is vastly improved. My relatively short demo, maybe ten minutes was more than enough to get me to plunk down my CC # for a set up.

I am going for a new set of ear pieces as I want to retain the ultra light on the go rig of iphone/JH13s and then the transportable/home rig of the 16s mated with the 3a. My only quibble or nagging irritation is at home my signal will be going from my mini > to the 305 > to a coax out to the 3a. On face value I lose the ability to use the 305 convertors and will be using what is in the 3a. While it is a minor concern given my satisfaction with what I heard only time will tell what the 13s > Sonic 305 vs the 16s > 3a match up will yield.

Edited by jp11801