JH Audio stuffs

atothex

They are very comfortable, but I don't have that "disappearing" affect when wearing them. I can obviously tell that they are there, so I'm not sure if thicker canals would make it more obvious and possible painful.

That's all good data for when you speak with them; yup, seems the bore thickness is okay, prob more the housing shape/height, maybe relation to the bore. Even when I wiggle my ears, I can feel them move a bit but the seal is never broken. Pulling down on my earlobe barely breaks the seal; reseals when I release. It does feel like the housing is contributing to the overall seal.

Wondering the same about having them put a layer of acrylic on the right side bore; seems it could be a tad more isolating, mostly as compared to the Sensas (and how the bore moves inside the canal during aforementioned ear wiggle), but it is nice to not have to remove them from my ear when the girl wants to say something while standing in the doorway to my study, even if she does have to flick the lights to bring me out of a music-induced stupor.

Unless you mean transparency-wise . . . the disappearing act we often refer to might be a slight misnomer (IMHO of course). That is, and especially for the right driver on mine, there's a balanced pressure feeling that causes no uneven pressure or discomfort and one eventually becomes accustomed to this feeling; one's mind begins to ignore it as a tactile sensation. I think the disappear feeling is no different than when wearing a good-fitting watch; notice more when it's not there. The transparency and headstage the 13s produce width-wise seems to assist with this sense of disappearing. I do quickly forget that they're there.

Jh is in hong kong right now, and was in london for a fair bit of last week. I imagine that contributes to their recent lapse in communication.

Oh Crummba! Had I known this, I would have held onto them for the weekend, at least.

I have a question for Al or whoever else has a Headroom Desktop amp/dac (home) and a pair of JH13's. Is there *any* hiss with this amp on low with the JH13's with the volume at a reasonable level and no music playing?

I was originally thinking of trying to get a Glite+DPS and a Pico Dac for the office. But then I was thinking that the Headroom desktop amp/dac is more transportable and I could take it with me for 1-2 week long trips (or maybe I would just be lazy and grab the 2Move or just go for the ipod instead). On the other hand, maybe I will just *try* to build something like a CK2III for the bedroom and move the Stello DA100/HP100 to the office (currently in the bedroom).

I've had the wireless unit for a while. You'd have to do some rewiring to make it work, but overall the thing is very nice. And yeah you can buy it seperately.
So is it basically this:

ct6-wireless-bundle-resized.jpg

...minus the red and blue pieces? You'd have to figure out how to adapt those weird tiny little what look like power-connector thingies (which is really the audio signal) to the JH13's, right?

Unless you mean transparency-wise . . . the disappearing act we often refer to might be a slight misnomer (IMHO of course).

In terms of disappearing, I definitely forget that I'm listening to an earphone when I have them in, I meant more in a literal term that I can feel them in my ears the entire time I have them in. Some people have stated that their fit is so good that it's like wearing nothing, but that hasn't been the case for me.

I'll wait to see if Brittany emails me back in the next week. I'm not so sure about changing the housing shape, as they seem to fit in my ears just fine, but what do I know about making customs really. If there's someway to alleviate this situation, then I'll definitely send them back to JH for a refit, although I have to say that I'm really dreading having to live without them for a week. They sound way too amazing and I don't think I've yet fully wrapped my head around how great these little buggers are.

I have a question for Al or whoever else has a Headroom Desktop amp/dac (home) and a pair of JH13's. Is there *any* hiss with this amp on low with the JH13's with the volume at a reasonable level and no music playing?

I was originally thinking of trying to get a Glite+DPS and a Pico Dac for the office. But then I was thinking that the Headroom desktop amp/dac is more transportable and I could take it with me for 1-2 week long trips (or maybe I would just be lazy and grab the 2Move or just go for the ipod instead). On the other hand, maybe I will just *try* to build something like a CK2III for the bedroom and move the Stello DA100/HP100 to the office (currently in the bedroom).

I will bring them in Monday to give a fresh listen. I don't remember any from the only other time I used them at work but I don't recall it specifically. The HR Portable Desktop is pretty cool but I have not heard the JH13s with one.

Why would fantastic sound not be for anyone?

I'm sure I've discussed this elsewhere but for the sake of beating down the JH13 hoards they are not for me for the following reason:

• situations where I would use IEMs do not lend themselves to critical listening, i.e. I'm using the isolation to block out extremely loud noises.
  • situations where I would use IEMs are somewhat hazardous to their health making expensive IEMs a bad idea.
  • $1100 for something that is exceptionally fit dependent does not sit well with me.
  • I am simply not a fan of $1100 for things that in my opinion have ~25% resale value.
  • In situations where I actually do listen critically I do not want or need isolation.

Now, alll that said, I can certainly see why the represent a very good option for other people. If I commuted on a train, traveled frequently on a plane, or lived in an environment where closed cans where a benefit it would be a pretty easy decision.

So is it basically this:

ct6-wireless-bundle-resized.jpg

...minus the red and blue pieces? You'd have to figure out how to adapt those weird tiny little what look like power-connector thingies (which is really the audio signal) to the JH13's, right?

Precisely. The transmitter and receiver can be opened easily so a rewire from inside, to a jack or whatnot, could be pretty simple.