Ye Macce Threade

I got the ultimate because the price was close enough I didn't want to worry about it.

I'd buy now if I needed it now, if I could wait, I'd wait :). I don't think the new one will be a drastic improvement, I think there will be tradeoffs. That said, Apple's surprised me in the past.

I went with the maxed model because I did not want to mess with it when I had. Honestly don't know if it makes a difference as I have never even used a 1.4GHz model. For me it was worth it because I roll that way.

I also agree with Dan about waiting. If it was me, and I did not need it yesterday, I would wait as there is not a real down side. If they don't update in June, buy it then. If they do update then you have the choice of going with the new model or picking up the prev. model a bit cheaper. But then again I waited for both a Singlepower ES-1 and a BHSE, so I do have a bit of patience.

I'd buy now if I needed it now, if I could wait, I'd wait...
This is a good general rule-of-thumb. Decide what you need, allocate a budget, and get what you will when you need to. There's always something new around the corner. I mean, think about 10 years ago -- would you have waited 10 years for what's available now, back then? No, you needed it then, so you got what you could, then.

Just buy one of these and you'll get the cable. ;)

More info.

Al, what are you trying to do with the cable? Is this for "in wall'?

I may well buy the Little Big Disk because it is super cool, but I was indeed talking about in wall cable and that one won't be long enough. LaCie is also doing a larger SSD array that is featured in the earlier TB video and THAT is going to be epic.