Ye Macce Threade

Incidentally, the same model from the craigslist ad is going for $1439 refurbed from Apple.

As others have said, I'd go with a refurbed unit from Apple - may be bit more expensive but you get one-year limited warranty.

EDIT - Because I can't read. :palm:

Edited by Salt Peanuts

That price doesn't seem too good since you could get a non refurbished new 13" MBP for that price which will be faster and have a newer battery.

I would probably go with a refurb from Apple or buy one of the old model MPB from Macmall or somebody like that.

also I can use my education discount to get $100 knocked off the 13" MBP, so really its $1100.

AJAX-based code can hang without any indication, hence the delayed posts.

As for refurbs, now all the stores will have upgraded their demo models, all the old demos will end up on the Apple Store. I don't know if it works there, but here if I go to the store the day new models are announced, I can buy the demo models directly from the store, before they send them off to be sold online.

It is as awesome as I imagined: fast fast fast, quiet, doesn't get that hot (the fan has only turned on once but I haven't pushed it much yet), long battery (not compared to the ipad but certainly compared to my old non-unibody MBP) so I can actually use it as a laptop for the whole day, beautiful display, etc. :) Of course I do wish it were 1mm thick and weighed 1/8 oz but I guess I cannot get everything. :) I am glad I got the matte display as well. I like the look of it better than the glossy. I do wish they had a hi-res display quad core 13" <- that would be the awesomest!

Edited by shellylh