Ye Macce Threade

MBA has shipped! Wow, direct from Shanghai! But I did order 2 biz day shipping guaranteed. Bah! Do I have a legitimate beef?

On Schedule

Initiated

Picked up

In transit

Delivered

In transit

SHANGHAI CN

Shipment Dates

Ship date

Jul 21, 2011

Estimated delivery

Jul 26, 2011 by 10:30 AM

MBA has shipped! Wow, direct from Shanghai! But I did order 2 biz day shipping guaranteed. Bah! Do I have a legitimate beef?

On Schedule

Initiated

Picked up

In transit

Delivered

In transit

SHANGHAI CN

Shipment Dates

Ship date

Jul 21, 2011

Estimated delivery

Jul 26, 2011 by 10:30 AM

This is what happened to me when I ordered my last "customized" Macbook Pro. I thought I remembered (at that time) that the 2 day shipping only applied if it was shipped from the states but I am not 100% sure - and the rules may have changed by now. I do know that I was kinda pissed but don't think I tried getting my money back for the expedited shipping. Sorry, that isn't much help.

Just popped over to the local (genuine) Apple Store, and I have to say, the new MBA's are 'teh hotness'.

Installs of Lion so fresh, they hadn't yet added (non hardware accelerated) flash.

As a co-worker commented on the pricing, from just $999. (No Mac would be "only").

Talking with one of our sales people, they commented that the retail staff are trained not to say no / use negative phrases. Instead things like "As it happens".

e.g.

As it happens, Memory is soldered to the motherboard (So no user replaceable memory upgrades for you!, instead you'll just have to pay apples "magical" memory prices that evoke a child like sense of wonder (as in I wonder how they can get away with charging so much) :)

As it happens, Memory is soldered to the motherboard (So no user replaceable memory upgrades for you!, instead you'll just have to pay apples "magical" memory prices that evoke a child like sense of wonder (as in I wonder how they can get away with charging so much) :)

Except that the similar spec'd samsung costs more with 2/64 than the air costs with 4/128.

Now I cannot decide between i5 or i7 for the 11" MBA. The money isn't really an issue. Will there be much of a difference in battery life?

Al: Did you try out both the i5 and i7 at the store? I thought there were only selling the i7 online.

Edited by shellylh

This is what happened to me when I ordered my last "customized" Macbook Pro. I thought I remembered (at that time) that the 2 day shipping only applied if it was shipped from the states but I am not 100% sure - and the rules may have changed by now. I do know that I was kinda pissed but don't think I tried getting my money back for the expedited shipping. Sorry, that isn't much help.

I specifically remember a choice of shipping upgrades for '2 days guaranteed' or ' next day guaranteed' when I ordered it. But when I look at the policies on the web site now, it says it is an estimate only and may be 2-3 days. I paid $11 instead of free. We'll see when I get it and go from there. It might be more worthwhile to be pissy here than to spend the time trying to recoup $11.

Congrats Al and VPI! Yours look great!

Now I cannot decide between i5 or i7 for the 11" MBA. The money isn't really an issue. Will there be much of a difference in battery life?

Al: Did you try out both the i5 and i7 at the store? I thought there were only selling the i7 online.

They have the base model, the upgraded i5 with 4gb/128gb and the loaded i7 with 4gb/256gb for sale in the store. The base model for both 11" and 13' were the only ones on the table I believe. I cannot imagine the i7 chewing up the battery a whole lot faster for basic surfing/email/pics/etc. but what do I know?

Posting from the Apple Store on my new 11" i7 MBA. Hawtness indeed. The 13" seemed big and with the larger hard drive the processor difference was only $150 so I went with i7. I had intended to get the loaded 13" i5, but I am stoked with this little beast.

Nice Al! I have the same one set aside for pick up at lunch tomorrow.

So jealous of you guys! I'm bummed that I just had to blow about 1500 on my car in the past couple of days....otherwise I'd probably have gotten one of these badboys! I did try to install lion on my 2007 MBP...and while it works pretty nicely, I really wish it had the multitouch trackpad. Half the fun of Lion is all the cool swiping gestures!