Apple Tablet

Mike (or anyone), does the plan automatically upgrade to the $30 unlimited if you exceed? My guess is no, but that's a guess.

According to the MacWorld article, it cuts you off 3G until you buy new plan/more data.

iPad 3G: How much does 250MB get you? | Tablets | iPhone Central | Macworld

I've used 23MB out of 250MB since April 30.

I use it regularly, but very lightly, mostly to sync calendar/contact data to my office desktop when I make iPad changes on the road, about 20 hrs per wk, and remote control my office computer maybe 5-15 min per week or so. Sometimes I surf a bit, but I try to save that for when I am at home or main office, where I have wifi.

I believe when you approach your limit, you'll get a pop up warning with an offer to buy an additional 250MB for $15.

Morphsci, I assume you got 3G finally working on yours? What was the problem?

I keep mine plugged in most of the time during the workweek at the two offices I work, but will bring it home and use it unplugged for several hours over the weekend, and get down to 70-80%. I have no reason to think it wouldn't hit the 10 hr claim, but haven't formally tested it.

I considered bringing my iPad to CJ, but have decided against it due to having a lot of confidential patient information on it. But I'd be happy to bring my USB camera dock kit if anyone has an interest and hasn't been able to obtain one.

^^^ But the Ultrasones sound that way anyway as do insufficiently amped HD800s so what does that actually mean?
Yeah, that's the issue. It's disappointing that the review essentially conflates "needs an amp" and "needs a DAC." I'd really expect HeadRoom to have addressed those separately. Unless Jorge thought the SQ was so bad that an amp alone was pointless? But that seems unlikely.

I considered bringing my iPad to CJ, but have decided against it due to having a lot of confidential patient information on it. But I'd be happy to bring my USB camera dock kit if anyone has an interest and hasn't been able to obtain one.

^This reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask: are there any security programs for the iPad that can lock down certain parts of it? A friend/colleague wants to borrow mine for a day, which is fine, but he's not the most technically savvy and I don't want him going through my pr0n email, etc. Would be useful at Meets, too.

^This reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask: are there any security programs for the iPad that can lock down certain parts of it? A friend/colleague wants to borrow mine for a day, which is fine, but he's not the most technically savvy and I don't want him going through my pr0n email, etc. Would be useful at Meets, too.

Aside from setting a lock code to gain access initially, I'm unaware of any system-wide security once you're in. Some apps can be password protected.

It would be nice if they would let you password protect the settings app, so you have to authenticate into it before gaining access to iPad settings.

If you're going to leave it out as a source you could delete your email account(s) from the device for the meet and then reconfigure them afterwards.

I've researched that a bit because whenever I show a friend or family member my iPad, I have to stand over them to make sure I don't break patient confidentiality with anyone they might know, or somehow mess up my calendar with all my appointments. I password protect it on power up, but otherwise would LOVE to be able to lock down just my calendar and contacts list and let someone else use it for a few hours. I've looked around a bit and all I read is how this should be a feature, but it's not capable of doing this. There is a restrictions area under the 'Settings -General' tab, and I can see that some apps can be locked down or restricted, but it's very limited. It looks like it is designed for restricting kids from seeing R rated stuff, rather than protecting your privacy. I hope they improve on this in the future!

You could always turn off the mail accounts temporarily in settings and bury the icon somewhere. Or if you have an IMAP account temporarily add an incorrect digit to your login. That's about all I can think of for the email.