Apple Tablet

My favorite messenger bags are these - BaileyWorks Bags: Messenger bags and more, made in the USA - I've have one that's about 15 years old now and still in daily use and another, smaller one that I added about 6 years ago for work. The rear zippered pocked would make a great waterproof ipad storage area and the rest of the bag has all sorts of space to store/tote whatever you might need.

http://www.baileyworks.com/Messenger+Bags/253+Courier/options/#

That's the closest model to the one that I currently use for work.

Ooh, I want an Otterbox defender or that overkill case.

apl2-ipad1-20-c4otr.jpg

Jeff, I have one of those for my Storm. It's the most overkill thing I've ever seen. That case alone makes me want to get an iPad just to put in it. I think you would want to get something like the Invisible Shield and take out the built in screen protector (not that great, bubbles, but it protects well). Seriously, that is bad ass.

**BRENT**

So far I am liking the Timbuk2 bag. My only gripes:

I wish there was an outside pocket for my cell phone.

Timbuk2 Bags - 2way - Ballistic Fabric

They've got something for that.... sucks that it's an add on... but available. I have an older version of this that I use with my current iPhone. It fits, but getting the flap to fit over the headphone jack with phones plugged in is awkward. It was originally designed for the original iPods... with the headphone jack in the top middle. Still, it does the job.

I am contemplating trying this one out.

135785_1_1?resmode=3&op_sharpen=1&op_usm=1,1,1,&qlt=80,1&hei=450&wid=360

Mostly because it matches my Laptop bag. Lighter than the Cole Haan and some really nice features. Ballistic but would look fine in an office situation.

Nate, I like those messenger bags. I also like these: Manhattan Portage Bags - Original New York Messenger Bags (since 1983) (although Jin will now call me a 90s hipster).

I'm not in love with the Apple case, but it will do for now. In the future, I would love to see Apple make a matte black iTuff version of the iPad. I'm sure the military and others would like that. Anyway, back to looking for a murse.

So I cannot sign up for 3G service because according to AT&T my address does not exist. If in one week this is not resolved I will be RMAing this iPad back to Mr. Jobs.

Mr address didn't exist, but it suggested another address which looked identical, to my eye. I accepted, and it went smooth as silk. I wonder if something small, like 'North Pine St' rather tham 'Pine St' or 'Pine' rather than 'Pine St' might nudge it enough? Or find your official address on the USPS web site? Just a thought.

Luve the iPad so far, but a couple things, I'm curious how those in the first wave dealt with:

The iPhone ended up being kinda a last-time-checking-email/Head-Case-before-sleep device, and the iPad seems a bit heavy for that. You guys adjust?

Some of my favorite iPhone apps (ByLine, Tapatalk, Tweetie, etc.) are designed for small screen real estate/one-hand operation and have some additional advantages over the web interfaces of the services/sites they tap into. You guys generally just switch over to Safari, still using (even if scaled 2x) those apps, or a combination of the two?

I have to lay on my side in bed with the iPad propped up, or with it on a pillow on my stomach because of the weight makes it harder to read for an hour in bed, but it doesn't make me want to switch to the lighter iPhone. I use Safari instead of tapatalk for the forums, but I use apps for twitter and facebook (even with the 2x for facebook).

So I cannot sign up for 3G service because according to AT&T my address does not exist. If in one week this is not resolved I will be RMAing this iPad back to Mr. Jobs.

Mr address didn't exist, but it suggested another address which looked identical, to my eye. I accepted, and it went smooth as silk. I wonder if something small, like 'North Pine St' rather tham 'Pine St' or 'Pine' rather than 'Pine St' might nudge it enough? Or find your official address on the USPS web site? Just a thought.

I had to try entering my billing address three different ways before I could find a way that AT&T liked and agreed was a real address, having a combination of (1) a compass direction with (2) a suite letter plus (3) a private mailbox number. It's a UPS Store mailbox so I don't have to sit at home waiting to sign for packages. They offered a similar street address but without the suite letter or box number, which I wouldn't agree to, but I finally hit a working combo on my own.

I've been through similar trials before and was never able to order from overstock.com because my address wont fit in the space they give, and even paying with paypal they would demand an address when you order.

Nate, I like those messenger bags. I also like these: Manhattan Portage Bags - Original New York Messenger Bags (since 1983) (although Jin will now call me a 90s hipster).

I'm not in love with the Apple case, but it will do for now. In the future, I would love to see Apple make a matte black iTuff version of the iPad. I'm sure the military and others would like that. Anyway, back to looking for a murse.

I kind of like the Urban Bag which is listed under Mini Bags. I think it may be a little too small. It also doesn't appear as feature rich as some of the others.