DanJam

NightWoundsTime

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's me finally home. The airline lost my bag somewhere at Heathrow so I'm going to be without Glencairn glasses, empty water bottles, shaving foam or a large pile of dirty clothes for a day or so.

I've got just under 5 gigabytes of photos and film. I'll whittle out the blurry and the bad and then post some of the highlight pictures alongside my rambling impressions and other associated waffle. And have a download link for the entire archive at full size. It'll take me a while to sort that though.

I'm indebted to all of you who made this trip possible for me. To Mike And Vicki for putting me up and indulging me out of their own time and in their own homes. To Dan for the Danjam and to Al for sorting out the beach house. Ken for organising the secret chip-in and to those who decided to go along with his remarkably and humbling generous proposition.

It was a pleasure and an honour to meet all of you at last and I'm sorry that I couldn't get to spend more time with all of you or as much time with some of you as I ended up with others.

I've leave the rest of my platitudes for later when I write up.

Best weekend ever. Best week ever.

I must say Brent is certainly fatter and uglier and more mexican then I expected. How did he ever land a white girl? :)

First of all... FUCK YOU! At least I was there and didn't flake like SOME people we know...

And second... remember the Ricky Martin craze back in the day? Yeah, brown people could pull just about anyone for a couple years thanks to our friend who was livin' La Vida Loca.

**BRENT**

One of the many things I like about meets is you get to see and talk to people about how they listen to/live with their gear and music. I tend toward short, intense listening sessions. But I know that many of you go for the long, blissed out approach. Fun to see different "styles." And I realize that's almost infinitely dorky.

Also, I was pleased to hear from Vicki that there are days when she thinks her gear just doesn't sound right. I've felt that way over the last 2 days. It's all sounding very bright and muddy at the same time.

Damn it! I should have never looked at this thread. I'll regret not going for some time to come.

Yeah, seriously Brent, I couldn't get a White girl to look at me at all in the late 90's. Until I discovered Black hair dye, Brown contacts and carried a Taco Bell chalupa everywhere I went.

Damn it! I should have never looked at this thread. I'll regret not going for some time to come forever.

FIFY

Yeah, seriously Brent, I couldn't get a White girl to look at me at all in the late 90's. Until I discovered Black hair dye, Brown contacts and carried a Taco Bell chalupa everywhere I went.
Word. Being brown opened the doors to many a taco thanks to Ricky.

**BRENT**