DanJam

NightWoundsTime

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so envious. Wish I had been there to partake in what surely was a party of epic proportions. I clearly should've bought a plane ticket instead of moar audio gearz. :(

Looks like the Scot who flew across the pond had a grand ole induction to some of the finest HC-ers, as expected. One wonders if everyone lived up to Duggeh's expectations. ;)

My only regret of my week stateside with the HC crew is not deciding to go to the range with the crew today. Big mistake.

Boomys new gun? A seriously lovely machine. I should have been privilaged to have been able to fire it.

In other news:

I'm FUCKING BRILLIANT at Mariokart.

Also my mobile phone is MIA/AFK or just Lost.

It might be back in Florida.

Arsebiscuits, I've had that phone for years.

Also:

You guys are all giant piles of pwn.

Thank the gods for New York City traffic! I was arriving at the hotel and the bellman asked if I had just the one bag out of the trunk and I absent-mindedly said "Yes" and paid the cabbie. The bellman put my bag up near the entrance and just as I started into the revolving door, I realized I was missing something. Panicked I looked to the street to see my former cab with new passengers trying to make its way into traffic. Luckily, I shouted to the bellman and he and I stopped the cab to retrieve the crappy plastic shopping bag I had left in the trunk and the bellman assumed was the cabbie's lunch or whatever. Saved my kids' goofy NC t-shirts -- AND MY 4 FUCKING AWESOME HEAD-CASE GLENCAIRN GLASSES -- from driving off into the sea of yellow cabs never to be seen again by me... Lucky, unlike Brent.

Speaking of which, biscuits were plentiful this morning, btw, and the waitress actually made a joke that we wouldn't get shut out again. :D

web.jpg?ver=12529591710001

Dan, that was quite the Jam, and you more than did the Mayberry tradition proud! Thanks so much for thinking of it, sticking with it through date/year changes and cancellations, planning nightmares, house rentals, and all the rest. Juggling your family and AnalogPete with his family all at the same time was really impressive. Thanks for making it all happen and even allowing us to bring a little gear along. ;)

web.jpg?ver=12529599140001

My one gear shot! Grado Mania! :D

It might have been years before we got to meet the one, the only, Duggeh if it hadn't been for this meet, so that's another epic WIN for your meet. Meeting Doug, Pete, Brent, Deepak, Fitz and Scott/manaox2, and seeing all the rest of the crew were the highlights, as always. Of course, it was sad to miss seeing Jacob again and the opportunity to meet Todd and Peter, but more chances will arise.

Here are the few feeble pics I meant to post from the shooting range but MobileMe and my skilz were lacking. Vicki has been agitating for a range run at a few meets since she became obsessed with firepower and this time she pulled it off with considerable assistance from Brent and Jeff. Brent delivered Vicki's newest guns, a Baer .45 and a Yost 9mm, if I have that correctly, and this triggered (get it?!) enthusiasm for throwing some lead. Us noobs were instructed by Prof. VPI who brought 4 guns of his own, and then rented an AR-15 9mm semi-automatic assault rifle (all the while poo-pooing it for being a weak substitute for the real deal :eek:). Justin, Ari, Colin and I learned the basics on a .22 in .45's clothing, then a 9mm rental gun, then the Baer .45, then the Yost (sweetest gun in the bunch for me), the AR-15, and then Jeff's pocket cannon of a .41 Magnum revolver. Brent nearly smacked himself on the head from the recoil of that last beast, and he was holding it with two hands when he fired! :o Thanks again for the good times Vicki, Brent and Jeff.

web.jpg?ver=12528718390001

The group shot, as previously posted by Gene, and annotated by Nate. :P

web.jpg?ver=12528734390001

Vicki with one of her new toys. Crack shot, of course.

web.jpg?ver=12529594770001

Jeff attempting to instruct me on the fine art of assault riflery.

web.jpg?ver=12528728550001

"Say hello to my little friend . . ."

web.jpg?ver=12529615700001

Ari inspecting the damage he wrought. Mossad secret agent? Perhaps.

web.jpg?ver=12529618010001

Not my best grouping, but a dead bull's eye at 40 feet with a .45 automatic seemed pretty cool to me. The outlier to the upper right was right as Vicki said "Ooh, look at Al shoot!" I got a little distracted by the attention. :palm:

Hopefully Doug can pull out a few hundred of the thousands of pics he took and post them after his victorious homecoming, assuming he can focus and be productive in the sweet spot between his new Quads. ;) In the meantime, Chicago '10 should be on everyone's calendars!

Thanks again Dan and to all the rest of you for making this a killer meet weekend.

Well guys, I had an awesome time as I guessed I would. There was simply too much good stuff to go around, but easily the best was hanging out with everyone.

In honor of this monumental occasion, I have drawn up an easy to use feedback form for any gear anyone would like to comment on.

If you listened to something I made or brought, please use this handy form for your impressions. Make sure to include your answers to all the following questions in your reposne. When you make a new post for yourself from within this thread, use the "quote" button and then you can type your answers where it says "PLACE ANSWER HERE". Later this evening, I will fill out "Form 2" and post my impressions of various gear that I listened to in this thread. Thank you.

Form 1 -- FOR THE LISTENER TO FILL OUT IMPRESSIONS ABOUT THE JUNK I BROUGHT AND THEN POST HERE

Head-Case member: nikongod - THE BUILDER

Built & brought some gear which you listened to

Head-Case member: YOUR NAME HERE - THE LISTENER

1) ITEM(S) LISTENED TO BY : Please list the model number, manufacturer's name, color of the unit, etc. PLACE ANSWER HERE

2) APPROXIMATE TIME LISTENED TO THE ITEM, less time spent figuring out which jack to plug into, or time spent selecting music from my unconventional source: PLACE ANSWER HERE

3) HOW YOU LISTENED: Please list if you listened to other gear with this gear. Since it would be impossible to listen to an amp without a headphone, please fill out multiples of this form for each and every piece of my gear used PLACE ANSWER HERE

4) Impressions

a) How smooth was BUILDER/LISTENER interaction? Was BUILDER friendly? Did we communicate well and did I get all of your concerns and questions answered? PLACE ANSWER HERE

B) Did BUILDER explain every possible alternate method of building an amp with the same number of tubes/transistors to you upfront? PLACE ANSWER HERE

c) Did BUILDER explain thoroughly how the device works? PLACE ANSWER HERE

d) Did it appear that the BUILDER dusted off his gear before bringing it to the highest alter of headphone listening? Are you easily offended by several months of dust accumulation on all horizontal surfaces? PLACE ANSWER HERE

e) Did BUILDER explain (if applicable) that he owns nothing with a valid warranty? PLACE ANSWER HERE

5) RECEIVED GEAR

a) Did you (LISTENER) experience any problems with the gear you were using? PLACE ANSWER HERE

B) Did you (LISTENER) have to wait in line to listen to my gear? PLACE ANSWER HERE

c) Did you (LISTENER) find my rig on the coffee-table in a reasonably visually appealing manner? (If BUILDER had advised you that the product was in a different location {IE: the least-provisso, and my other portable junk that wandered the house}, please post it's location and general appearances here. Please also post if you were made aware of the location of the BUILDER's gear by the BUILDER.) PLACE ANSWER HERE

d) Did the item work as promised? (Please do not place any opinions on sound quality here. There is a separate section for that.) PLACE ANSWER HERE

6) SATISFACTION

a) On a scale of 1 being worst and 10 being best, how would you rate the overall sound of what you heard? PLACE ANSWER HERE

B) Would you listen to something the BUILDER built again in the future? PLACE ANSWER HERE

7) NOTES & COMMENTS:

Please leave any additional notes or comments if you would like, i.e. things BUILDER could do to make his gear work better in the future. I.E. Any additional things not covered above. PLACE ANSWER HERE

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out BUILDER's feedback.

Form 2 -- FOR THE DRINKERS TO FILL OUT FEEDBACK ABOUT THE VARIOUS DRINKS CONSUMED AT THIS MEET

Head-Case member: DRINKER'S NAME GOES HERE THE DRINKER

Head-Case member :POURER'S NAME GOES HERE

1) FLUIDS(S) CONSUMED BY DRINKER: Please list the approximate age, model number, manufacturer's name, color of the beverage, etc. PLACE ANSWER HERE

2) APPROXIMATE TIME SPENT CONSUMING THIS (THESE) DRINK(S), less time spent gabbing with friends, smoking, or acting as POURER for friends: PLACE ANSWER HERE

3) HOW DID YOU DRINK THIS?: Please list if DRINKER drank this (these) drink(s) from a glass designed for the purpose (glencarin, pint, wine, etc) or from a make-shift glass (with adequate description) PLACE ANSWER HERE

4) IMPRESSIONS

a) How smooth was the drink? Was the drink tasty? Did the DRINKER and the drink comunicate well and get all his/her concerns and questions answered? PLACE ANSWER HERE

B) Did the DRINKER acknowledge to the POURER that the drink was likley to get him crunked? PLACE ANSWER HERE

c) Did DRINKER acknowledge that the POURER explained thoroughly how to drink this drink? PLACE ANSWER HERE

d) Did DRINKER acknowledge that the POURER explained the condition of all the packaging, accessories, and manuals upfront? PLACE ANSWER HERE

e) Did DRINKER acknowledge that the POURER explained (if applicable) that he or she is not gauranteed to enjoy this drink? PLACE ANSWER HERE

5) POURER's SECTIONS

a) Did you (POURER) experience any problems while preparing the beverage for pouring? (I.E. Stuck corks, dificult twist-tops, dificulty tapping the keg, broken glasses, lack of ice, etc, etc) PLACE ANSWER HERE

B) Did you (POURER) spill any of the drink while pouring? if so did you cover it up well or was it worthy of everyone in the house pointing and laughing? PLACE ANSWER HERE

c) Did you (POURER) actually pour the drink you told the DRINKER you intended? (If you, the POURER, did not were you trying to save more for yourself? if so, please post what you pourerd, and what the DRINKER thought you poured. Please also post whether the DRINKER became aware of this switchup by you and became inraged.) PLACE ANSWER HERE

d) Did you (POURER) ask the DRINKER if the beverage worked as promised? PLACE ANSWER HERE

e) Would you pour another drink for the DRINKER in the future? PLACE ANSWER HERE

6) SATISFACTION

a) On a scale of 1 being worst and 10 being best, how would you rate this drink? PLACE ANSWER HERE

7) NOTES & COMMENTS:

Please leave any additional notes or comments if you would like, i.e. things POURER could do to make drinking go better in the future. i.e. any additional things you would like to say about the POURER. PLACE ANSWER HERE