What are you reading now?

grawk

Started The White Devil by Justin Evans yesterday. Was doing laundry and hadn't started anything since finishing Blackout. I can't remember anything about it, having bought it ages ago, and just pulled it up on the Kindle. It's kind of fun going into a novel not knowing what's going to happen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, Fifty Shades of Gray originated from Twilight fan fiction. How did I not know this before?

Anyway, just sent Free Will by Sam Harris and The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined by Steven Pinker to the Kindle. Starting the former now.

120301FreeWillBookJacket.jpg

pinker-story2.jpg

Read In the Shadow of Gotham. Quite good. Early 20th century murder mystery in the Hudson Ricer valley.

Reading Gone Girl now. Really good so far.

I like traveling. I get a lot of alone time to read. Miss Lauren, the pup and the kitties, and really looking forward to gettin home, but lots if reading is never a bad thig.

Wow, Fifty Shades of Gray originated from Twilight fan fiction. How did I not know this before?

I didn't either, makes perfect sense.

From Wiki:

James initially wrote fanfiction under the pen name "Snowqueens Icedragon", with her most notable work being a Twilight fanfiction that was eventually developed into Fifty Shades of Grey.

I will LOL for a week.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

• 1 month later...

Finished Reamde and Absolution Gap (his weakest), started Thirteen (Kelley Armstrong). Can't decide whether or not to start Chasm City or Fool Moon.

Can't decide what to do about the new Castle book -- kindle version is only a dollar or two less expensive than the hardback version. Will probably wait for the paperback this time. Curses to the book companies for winning that particular battle.