Happy Halloween HC

Aura

We had a good Halloween in my town. We're in a pocket of a neighborhood, with dozens and dozens of houses....maybe close to 100, I never actually counted.

Every year, we get tons of "imports" here: folks from other neighborhoods, or even other towns, who come to our fine feeding frenzy.

I generaly overestimate the candy to get, but we're easily over 10 bags each year. This year, I think I got 11 bags, but realized that a few were jumbo bags, so we do have leftovers.

But more than anything else that struck me this year, the fact that the politeness level was at an all-time high was amazing. We've always had idiots who grab a handfull and walk away; folks that don't really dress up; folks that never say hello or thank you. But this year, despite a few non-costumes, almost everyone was polite and "into it."

Made for a very special Halloween this year......

We had a good Halloween in my town. We're in a pocket of a neighborhood, with dozens and dozens of houses....maybe close to 100, I never actually counted.

Every year, we get tons of "imports" here: folks from other neighborhoods, or even other towns, who come to our fine feeding frenzy.

I generaly overestimate the candy to get, but we're easily over 10 bags each year. This year, I think I got 11 bags, but realized that a few were jumbo bags, so we do have leftovers.

But more than anything else that struck me this year, the fact that the politeness level was at an all-time high was amazing. We've always had idiots who grab a handfull and walk away; folks that don't really dress up; folks that never say hello or thank you. But this year, despite a few non-costumes, almost everyone was polite and "into it."

Made for a very special Halloween this year......

You sure we don't live on the same street?

Was a lot of fun here, too. And the rain held off just long enough. Wife's finishing the candy, I'm finishing the beer. To each their own.

I had no trick-or-treaters this year, and last year only two. They all go to the malls around here now, and the stores give out candy. I guess it's easy and some say safer than going house to house, but Halloween's no fun here anymore. :(

Edited by boomana
still learning how to spell

We had 1 group of kids come to the door.

"Trick or Treat!"

"This isn't America, and what are you going to do to earn your sweeties?"

"Oi, tell her a joke or something."

"Yeah. We don't actually have any sweeties."

A nice quiet halloween this year. Gysing makes things better than a mass handout of calories. But if the kids aren't going to make the effort (shit costumes [or no costumes]) and aren't going to do something to earn their sweets, then fuck the horrid little brats. I fucking sang to earn my crappy little bag full of peanuts and my friends had to recite like 5 jokes or do a dance or something.

Edited by Duggeh

Sounds pretty legit compared to some of the crap i've seen around here in my years. Some folks just leave out bowls and bowls of candy outside for kids to help themselves, unattended. "The nice ones still knock or say trick or treat or something," but many just greedily grab handfuls and run. "Earning" your sweets is not something many of these kids could comprehend, lol

I had no trick-or-treaters this year, and last year only two. They all go to the malls around here now, and the stores give out candy. I guess it's easy and some say safer than going house to house, but Halloween's no fun here anymore. :(

that sucks. You can't blame people for not wanting to invite little kids to come onto their property in troves .....unnecessary liability and litigation happy culture and all..

May have been a few years from being relavant, but the GF & I went as Richie & Margot Tennenbaum. I needed about 6 more months of hair growth and 6 weeks of beard growth, but it got the job done. Her outfit, on the other hand, was spot on, including the pink gloves with a finger cut off and a "wooden" finger made of brown painter's tape. It was a big hit at her cousins' Halloween Party.

RichieMargot.jpg

Great costumes. Was there blood under the wrist bands?

I got close with creepy/crawlies by climbing under a friends house to start her furnace, listend to a debate on fast versus slow zombies on NPR, feel asleep early and woke up in the middle of the night and watched the below* (click to launch larger viewer) on my iPhone. Far from a crazy holiday this year.

*The Omega Man/I am Legend story.

May have been a few years from being relavant, but the GF & I went as Richie & Margot Tennenbaum. I needed about 6 more months of hair growth and 6 weeks of beard growth, but it got the job done. Her outfit, on the other hand, was spot on, including the pink gloves with a finger cut off and a "wooden" finger made of brown painter's tape. It was a big hit at her cousins' Halloween Party.

Man, those are sweet costumes!