The Live Music Thread

Thaddy

I saw bright eyes play over the weekend but it really sucked. The band was alright but the whole audience was comprised of teenagers and their parents. The teens were in the front and I was in the back with their parents. The last thing I want to feels at a show is old.

probably the same things gonna happen to me at my BE concert :(

I saw Wilco about two years ago in an open-air amphitheater in Pompano, FL. I had seats on the center aisle around eight rows back and I was thinking that these are about the best seats possible for this show. It was a perfect night, about 75 with a breeze. I was super happy. I don't remember who it was, but someone in the band suddendly called the whole audience down to the front. There was this huge rush of people, and because I was on the aisle, I never saw a thing the rest of the show. Only people over 6 feet moved right in front of me, wouldn't even let me stand in front of my own seat, and I had beer poured down the back of me. Jeff Tweedy yells out at some point, "I bet the old people are really pissed off." I remember saying to myself, "Yes, I am," then looking around me and realizing I was probably the only old person in the crowd, and the only one pissed off. Ah well. I saw Al Alison Krauss about two weeks later from the same seats, so that made up for it.

You're a musician?

I go to my own concerts, as well. I am my own favourite musician.

as do i.

other than that, i'm going to this. typically those concerts have one bad artist, one really bad artist, and one fucking amazing artist. i saw the avett brothers live there in july. decent in the studio but amazing live. [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ohk_dXUqlK8]YouTube - When I Drink - The Avett Brothers - The Music Farm[/ame]

or one from the concert i went to: [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=6AevkfOifhE]YouTube - The Avett Brothers - Paranoia in Bb Major - Louisville[/ame] i can hear myself talking in this one a few times lol

I saw Wilco about two years ago in an open-air amphitheater in Pompano, FL. I had seats on the center aisle around eight rows back and I was thinking that these are about the best seats possible for this show. It was a perfect night, about 75 with a breeze. I was super happy. I don't remember who it was, but someone in the band suddendly called the whole audience down to the front. There was this huge rush of people, and because I was on the aisle, I never saw a thing the rest of the show. Only people over 6 feet moved right in front of me, wouldn't even let me stand in front of my own seat, and I had beer poured down the back of me. Jeff Tweedy yells out at some point, "I bet the old people are really pissed off." I remember saying to myself, "Yes, I am," then looking around me and realizing I was probably the only old person in the crowd, and the only one pissed off. Ah well. I saw Al Alison Krauss about two weeks later from the same seats, so that made up for it.

Oh man that sucks. I'm the same way though. I really don't like rocking out when I'm at a concert. I just want to relax and listen to and watch the show

:(

B-52s tomorrow :dance:

Had a lot of fun at the concert. The band can still kick out the jams.

Lots of people standing up and dancing, me too :D

They also played five tunes from their soon to be released new album

Funplex", "Juliet of the Spirits", "Hot Corner", "Ultraviolet", and "Let's Keep This Party Going On"

Good news for fans, probably several top 40 hits.

Kate Pierson gained a bunch of weight though.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a lot of fun at the concert. The band can still kick out the jams.

Lots of people standing up and dancing, me too :D

They also played five tunes from their soon to be released new album

Funplex", "Juliet of the Spirits", "Hot Corner", "Ultraviolet", and "Let's Keep This Party Going On"

Good news for fans, probably several top 40 hits.

Kate Pierson gained a bunch of weight though.

I saw the B52s and The Pretenders together in one concert. I had fun with the B52. Of course they had to play "Rock Lobster". I wish there were more concerts here. It's pretty sad :(

tonight is the big night, REGINA SPEKTOR!!!

Have fun

Hey, so this weekend Mobile is having its "big" music festival. ;D About the only two bands who I have any interest in seeing are Velvet Revolver and The Wallflowers. Anyone seen either of them live? Any good?

Never seen those two bands live, but let me know how you like The Wallflowers.

so, Regina Spektor. opening act sucked. she sang a short set because she was sick. i could barely hear her because of the people singing along (which irritated Regina too, she kept changing stuff up to throw the singers off), and this dumb bitch behind me shrieked "that's not like the CD!" everyone Regina changed something or sang it different. other than that, it was great. oh, and they fucking stole my cigarettes as part of their new no smoking policy, the fascists.

who was the opening act? I remember the days when Regina used to open for the strokes

Just got back from La Boheme at the Lyric Opera in Chicago. We had originally purchased tickets for this because Angela Gheorghiu was set to play Mimi. Both the wife and I adore her voice and really wanted to see her. Well, apparently she is quite the Diva - missing rehearsals, leaving town in violation of her contract. So the Lyric fired her. Her stand-in took the spot. She wasn't bad but was not Gheorghiu. But I really don't blame the Lyric either. And hell, any night at the Lyric Opera is a pretty good night.

so, Regina Spektor. opening act sucked. she sang a short set because she was sick. i could barely hear her because of the people singing along (which irritated Regina too, she kept changing stuff up to throw the singers off), and this dumb bitch behind me shrieked "that's not like the CD!" everyone Regina changed something or sang it different. other than that, it was great. oh, and they fucking stole my cigarettes as part of their new no smoking policy, the fascists.

Man how irritating that would be. Glad you got to see her though :)