On Bacon

The Monkey

DAMN. Considering that Joe Beef is 20 minutes from my work, and I'm currently on a low-carb diet, I'll be going there soon!

Do report back. Morin describes it as for the blogger generation that likes to be punched in the face with flavor ;D

That would be high on my list of stuff to eat next time I'm there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perfect for a low carber like myself.

Speaking of which, I finally tried the foie gras double down sandwich from Joe Beef (a schmancy restaurant in Montreal). Bacon and cheese between two slices of deep fried foie. Couldn't taste the bacon - I don't think thats ever happened before.

Perfect for a low carber like myself.

Speaking of which, I finally tried the foie gras double down sandwich from Joe Beef (a schmancy restaurant in Montreal). Bacon and cheese between two slices of deep fried foie. Couldn't taste the bacon - I don't think thats ever happened before.

I'd believe it.  I am cooking foie gras tonight.  Well, eating raw as snow, but same diff.  Want sammich too, and Joe Beef is on the list for my next Montreal visit.

I'd believe it.  I am cooking foie gras tonight.  Well, eating raw as snow, but same diff.  Want sammich too, and Joe Beef is on the list for my next Montreal visit.

The double down was good, but both the gf and I found our mains to be wanting, her veal liver was very salty, my hangar steak not as tender as I would expect. I find Joe Beef a bit hyped up. If you do plan to eat there, reserve early - I had to book 6 weeks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...