The Headcase Stax thread

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Isn't everybody glad that I'm crazy enough to buy this stuff and have Kevin rip it apart?   

I have compared the 009 and 009S running from the same amp (T8000) today. The room was somewhat quiet, but I had only two source options: my iPhone (connected through Apple's lightning adapter direc

Look what just showed up.  I decided to treat myself for my birthday...    Sounds brilliant with the HE90 and is pretty much required to use them.  Also the build quality is nothing short o

Posted Images

Yep, he bought a HE-1, and yet excessively quibbled about the cost of getting a Stax SR-009 and KG designed amp saying that you didn't need that level of performance at the price.

This draws the obvious conclusion that he gets his lesser level of performsnce at a far greater price..

The logic is truly revelational.........  :ph34r:

A good monument company would make a nice marble case for anybody for under a thousand bucks or two anyhow. You could even do most of the fine casework like mounts yourself with regular drill bits as it only has a hardness of 3'ish. That would sure make a pretty DIY T2 or similar.

18 hours ago, wink said:

Yep, he bought a HE-1, and yet excessively quibbled about the cost of getting a Stax SR-009 and KG designed amp saying that you didn't need that level of performance at the price.

This draws the obvious conclusion that he gets his lesser level of performsnce at a far greater price..

The logic is truly revelational.........  :ph34r:

Yes, he wasn't too consistent. But then again, his vids gather rather bad score, so yeah...