Audeze LCD-2

swt61

Personally I didn't find the LCD-2 that hard to drive. My guess would be yes it will drive it well enough. I happened to prefer the LCD-2 on SS amps as well. The tube amps I tried (several at CJ) were not as good of a match IMO.

It's nice to hear that the lcd-2 will work well with the gilmore lite, I've got one with dps, so I'm guessing there's no need to get any amp upgrade

I am not sure about the felt covered foam, just looks like foam to me... foam that will degrade in no time. I was also hoping the wood would be a little nicer looking. Oh well.

Here are some quick pics. They are not the best pictures (low light with bounce flash or flash with a diffuser).

dsc0004rj.jpg

dsc0006bn.jpg

dsc0001p.jpg

dsc0003xi.jpg

dsc0003jyo.jpg

Some great pics of the newer version LCD-2's (which I am listening to as I write this) - couldn't help but also notice your Van Gogh 'Cafe' print - me and the missus have had the same on our walls for past few decades. Pleased to hear that the Van Gogh art theft from yesterday has been re4covered and will hopefully be back on display in Cairo's musuem. Although the $50 million work would look great on my music room walls.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3537[/ATTACH]

Audeze and Van Gogh, if only VIncent had both ears to appreciate.

post-1532-12951157935034_thumb.jpg

The HD-800s you are often trying to compensate for, with a re-cable, with a slightly warm-of-neutral tube amp -- the absolute seems always just out of reach, so you compensate a little, maybe spending a lot of money in the process. The LCD-2s just hand you the music as it absolutely is, warts and all. If there's distortion, it will tell you about it, including details of exactly how that distortion is, yet, it will still make the music sound glorious at the same time. With the HD-800s, you stand back and look at how beautiful the musical painting is. With the LCD-2s you are IN the painting.

I havent heard the lcd2s but I agree about the hd800s, I've tried everything to get them to sound the way I want them too, yet in the end, they are always slightly off in some way, cant win them all.

Geez does kwkarth think he could find it in himself to stop filling up the LCD-2 thread with complete nonsense and blabbering? :basement: Reading his posts make me want to shoot myself in the head!

No! Don't do it, Steve! I can help!

Actually, I just read that post. I don't think I can help. Sorry.

But get back to me if you have anything stuck in your ear. :D