Audeze LCD-2

swt61

Not sure. This was all in the early 90's but somebody might have posted the documents somewhere.

any details of the lawsuit?

those patents have to be way out of date by now.

I remember this, too, (but not the exact details of the patent infringement) and thought that was what put Apogee out of business. But when I tried to do a search, couldn't find anything, and someone else later posted that this wasn't true at all. :confused:

mine showed up yesterday, but i went to a Colts/Bengals preseason game & haven't had much listening time...i have Dark Side playing on a loop until i get home from work...

the Gilmore Lite w/DPS didn't seem to be having any trouble, but i want to try my old Portal Panache next...

the wood oil & cloth were a nice touch...& the presentation box itself came double boxed...there are a few things i'd like to change about the design, but i'm pretty impressed by the overall package...

mine showed up yesterday, but i went to a Colts/Bengals preseason game & haven't had much listening time...i have Dark Side playing on a loop until i get home from work...

the Gilmore Lite w/DPS didn't seem to be having any trouble, but i want to try my old Portal Panache next...

the wood oil & cloth were a nice touch...& the presentation box itself came double boxed...there are a few things i'd like to change about the design, but i'm pretty impressed by the overall package...

Had you gotten a tracking number from Audeze? I've paid but haven't heard anything else so far.

I really think these headphones need a F5 or BA2 to be properly amped :P

(Only saying that since the idea wafted through my head today)

Nah, that's not good enough. You need an actual power amp to drive them well, like its Chinese brother with gold drivers.

agreed. The minimum is "The Arch Nemesis" ;)

Did you pick up a copy of Linear Audio? I've been curious about what that amp was (enough so, that your mention of it made me buy a copy...damn you!).

Perhaps I'll put a headphone jack on my F5, bring it to a meet with a label "LCD-2 bare-minimum amp"

I've been curious about what that amp was (enough so, that your mention of it made me buy a copy...damn you!)

actually, I wasn't totally joking about it being a good choice for the LCD-2. The "Arch" is Nelson Pass' take on a Hiraga Nemisis. Yup, still uses an output transformer. Very "SET sounding". Similar to this:

nemesis%20cct.bmp