i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

I thought the KGSSHV was much closer to the BH than the KGSS. Sound stage was nice and open, but the BH still sits a notch above for me.

When I build my KGSSHV, I think i'm going to play with the bias current. I'll likely try something around 12mA x 4 for the current (will want to experiment with this a bit).

• 2 weeks later...

Proof that a 2U is all you need... :)

ESfCv.jpg

It's running in that pic, I just couldn't be bothered to hook up the indicator LED. :) This was a difficult birth though with an intermittent pot in one channel and the other was just fubar. I swapped pretty much everything and it still didn't work so I finally gave up and built a new channel. That one also needed some work to get right. facepalm.png Still, build enough amps and once in a while one is bound to be like this.

I don't think messing with the current on the onboard sets is a good idea since it is hot enough as it is. Now with huge offboard sinks then the sky is indeed the limit and I'm going to go damn close... grin.gif

Now if somebody can spot my way of dealing with the 10M90 sinks with only metric screws at hand... laugh.png

My eyes are bleeding looking for this.... huh.png

This should help... http://i.imgur.com/xgvci.jpg Not small... smile.png

Edit: Yeah I went utter overkill on it. Some Loxeal too just for good measure.

Very slick build, I love the look, what knob did you use?

Yup, BHSE castoffs. Having the same knob as Steve is just the icing on the cake...

Edited by spritzer