New Nano?

blessingx

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conjecture on my end. Jobs said that they're updating all the iPod models, but didn't mention the classic. Also, in the photo of all iPod models together, classic was missing. So unless they come back to it later, I believe it's dead.
I really hope you're wrong about that. But you're quite convincing. Maybe, by 'everything', he meant, "what? No, I'm not going to change the iPod classic, that would be like new Coke/Classic Coke all over again, I'm not that stupid".
Ipod classic still seems to exist on the Apple store.
Here's to hoping that it stays that way.

I just ordered a new nano and ATV, mostly for Netflix streaming. Now I have to return the shuffle I just bought for my wife and get her a nano as well.

:)

I wonder whether the Nano will run the same O/S as the Touch. Would make an awesomely compact remote control for music playback from a computer.

Unfortunately, no. Also doesn't have wifi.

Edited by shellylh

The new ATV was a disappointment for me. I was hoping for something that would convince me to cancel my cable TV, but this won't do it. Netflix streaming is nice, but I already have devices that can handle that.

As for iPod classic, I'm somewhat tempted to grab one just in case it actually disappears.

Edited by Salt Peanuts
Because my typing is horrendous.

I gave up on cable for the interwebs awhile ago, but disappointed with ATV also. Really hoping for an iOS device (though I know interface and especially controller issues are there) for additional functionality and video services through future apps. Wonder if these smaller changes will be enough to significantly boost the ATV over the mediocre 'hobby' sales previously? At least I don't regret the Woot $59 Roku purchase a few weeks ago.