Coffee Drinkers?

been adding some dark roast back into daily grind (pun intended) to have some lower acidity in my midday/afternoon drink. i did Old Bisbee Bali Blue last order and yeah, it's just too dark and unruly to work with in pour-over and challenging even on aeropress.

i decided this time to try Bisbee's current El Salvador and it is absolutely a better brew for the v60. it's a pinch too dark still, but has a ton less overt bitterness and more balanced tartness. this is close to ideal for a light roast counterpart in the morning.

• Like 2
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This could be trouble. First results were very promising, if not entirely drinkable.  I'll toy with grind just a big more to get a full extraction but tomorrow morning should be fun and int

^^ enjoy I was lucky that Sonja brought a Breville to the relationship.. (larger style with grinder, etc.) After several months of Costco coffee living out of the airbnb - we unpacked the ro

The Niche Zero arrived last week and I've gotten to use it.  So did the Chemex.  I chose the 6 cup which worked out well for my situation.  I'm the only coffee drinker in the house, but if I have a gu

Posted Images

Nice, Aura!

I've gone back to DoubleShot and am enjoying a Panamanian El Bambito (or something like that) and a Costa Rican La Minita in my Chemex.  Delish...

I did notice they seem to be roasting a tad bit darker on these two, but still a medium roast I'd say.

HS

So I tried the WhistlePig barrel-aged coffee that comes in their seasonal gift pack.

MISTAKE!  Lollers

I've taken to throwing one or two beans in with whatever else I'm brewing, because I do enjoy a small amount of that flavour, but a pot made entirely out of that is just way too overwhelming.

1 or 2 beans of WhistlePig barrel aged (doesn't even have a roast date)

1/2 Zeke's Mexico Chiapas

1/2 Mom's Organic Market Nicaraguan

...is pretty darn delicious.

https://momsorganicmarket.com/moms-coffee/

https://zekescoffee.com/products/mexican-chiapas-z-cup

• Like 2