Dusty Chalk

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr. Szadzik, please follow me as I try a little logic exercise:

Tyll Hertsens says a pair of headphones sucks. Some random guy comes to the forum and proceeds to try to convince the community that Tyll does not, in fact, know what he is talking about with regard to headphones. Said random guy makes no references at all to his knowledge base, and as far as I can tell, sources >$2000 worth of phones off a goddamn mp3 player.

So, the logical question is: are you fucking retarded?

As a newbie myself, I definitely feel that I need to use a soft touch around here, at least until I'm better known. I definitely appreciate the attitude towards newbies however as I know it is what is keeping this place from turning into yet another place to ask what $50 headphone I should buy without having actually done any research or investigation first. There definitely seems two kinds of people who join though, those that seem to understand this place and those who come on combative and looking for a fight. I think we all know which group you are in, and that you aren't going to last very long here.

Somehow, I think knowledge of Tyll and what he means to the headphone community is included in Mr. Szadzik's set of missing clues.

This.

It's funny to read him suggest ways to help Tyll learn how to better appreciate a set of headphones. And also one of the ways he is talking smack without even realizing it. Both funny and pathetic, at the same time. Funthetic!

It has been really funny reading this thread guys. I am truly amused.

You have fun here and I will go and listen to my great portable rig, while 80% of those posting in this thread will be left with the belief that one single person can be viewed as the ultimate source of wisdom and there is only one point of view on music and headphones with no place for differences among people and different tastes.

You have fun here and I will go and listen to my great portable rig, while 80% of those posting in this thread will be left with the belief that one single person can be viewed as the ultimate source of wisdom and there is only one point of view on music and headphones with no place for differences among people and different tastes.

Indeed there is one person. For your system that is you. For my system that is me. What's so hard to understand about that?

Enjoy your portable rig! I encourage you to take it on down the road.

My point is not that Tyll is the one and only opinion. It's that his level of knowledge and experience is so far beyond yours, that you giving him advice such as burning in his headphones, is laughable.

I was not giving anyone advice, just stating what I have learnt so far. His post sounded like 'I got the phones for a few days just to test them' which implied he my not have had time to burn them in, so I said that they do change with burn-in - something he may or may not have experienced. I sm not here to teach anyone anything, just to share my own experience and learn from others.

Indeed there is one person. For your system that is you. For my system that is me. What's so hard to understand about that?

Ok, I would agree with your point of view and agreed more by posting my opinions. If I am allowed to have one, why all the hate for expressing it then?

ad·vice  (d-vs)

n.

1. Opinion about what could or should be done about a situation or problem; counsel.

2. Information communicated; news. Often used in the plural: advices from an ambassador.

[Middle English avis, advice, from Old French avis, from (ester) a vis, to seem : a, to (from Latin ad; see ad-) + vis, seen (from Latin vsum, what seems (good), from neuter past participle of vidre, to see; see weid- in Indo-European roots).]

Synonyms: advice, counsel, recommendation

These nouns denote an opinion as to a decision or course of action: sound advice for the unemployed; accepted my attorney's counsel; will follow your recommendation. See Also Synonyms at news.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

ThesaurusLegend:  Synonyms Related Words Antonyms

Adj. 1. laughable - incongruous;inviting ridicule; "the absurd excuse that the dog ate his homework"; "that's a cockeyed idea"; "ask a nonsensical question and get a nonsensical answer"; "a contribution so small as to be laughable"; "it is ludicrous to call a cottage a mansion"; "a preposterous attempt to turn back the pages of history"; "her conceited assumption of universal interest in her rather dull children was ridiculous"

derisory, nonsensical, preposterous, ridiculous, idiotic, ludicrous, absurd, cockeyed; "I thought that my opinion about headphones would be useful and pertinent to Tyll Hertsens, a man who has more knowledge and experience about headphones than pretty much anyone in the known universe, but I didn't know that, so I will present my opinion about what could be done about the situation, but not give advice, then continue to get defensive and argue when everyone on the forum keeps trying to give me advice as to how to behave on their forum."

foolish - devoid of good sense or judgment; "foolish remarks"; "a foolish decision"

2. laughable - arousing or provoking laughter; "an amusing film with a steady stream of pranks and pratfalls"; "an amusing fellow"; "a comic hat"; "a comical look of surprise"; "funny stories that made everybody laugh"; "a very funny writer"; "it would have been laughable if it hadn't hurt so much"; "a mirthful experience"; "risible courtroom antics"

comic, comical, funny, risible, amusing, mirthful

humorous, humourous - full of or characterized by humor; "humorous stories"; "humorous cartoons"; "in a humorous vein"

Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.

Edited by jvlgato

ad·vice  (d-vs)

n.

1. Opinion about what could or should be done about a situation or problem; counsel.

2. Information communicated; news. Often used in the plural: advices from an ambassador.

[Middle English avis, advice, from Old French avis, from (ester) a vis, to seem : a, to (from Latin ad; see ad-) + vis, seen (from Latin vsum, what seems (good), from neuter past participle of vidre, to see; see weid- in Indo-European roots).]

Synonyms: advice, counsel, recommendation

These nouns denote an opinion as to a decision or course of action: sound advice for the unemployed; accepted my attorney's counsel; will follow your recommendation. See Also Synonyms at news.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

No comment.