Beyerdynamic T5p

Dusty Chalk

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously dude? You're giving Schumacher advice for how to drive around Monza, and you're wondering why we're laughing it off? Tyll is probably the most knowledgeable person in the hobby. Who are you?

I also don't buy the whole "it's all a matter of opinion" line. No it's not, and yes, there are standards. Audio relativism - or whatever you want to call it - is outright dangerous since it creates an environment where misinformation spreads and substandard gear thrives. Reminds you of another forum, maybe?

Now, I'm not picking on you specifically, no matter what the above post sounds like. But, you walked into the lion's den here. Don't act surprised that you got mauled.

Seriously dude? You're giving Schumacher advice for how to drive around Monza, and you're wondering why we're laughing it off? Tyll is probably the most knowledgeable person in the hobby. Who are you?

I also don't buy the whole "it's all a matter of opinion" line. No it's not, and yes, there are standards. Audio relativism - or whatever you want to call it - is outright dangerous since it creates an environment where misinformation spreads and substandard gear thrives. Reminds you of another forum, maybe?

Now, I'm not picking on you specifically, no matter what the above post sounds like. But, you walked into the lion's den here. Don't act surprised that you got mauled.

If only people were laughing here it would be perfectly fine, being rude and offensive is a totally different thing.

When all is said and done, Beyer headphones pretty much suck.

And which ones of the top tier ones have you had?

Geez Dinny, I gotta get me some of them.

Thought I'd post some pictures of my rig, n00b.

1217201980_36FpN-O.jpg

1217201856_3S2U2-O.jpg

1217202006_o2k3s-O.jpg

1217201868_CeyeP-O.jpg

Let's see yours!

Oh, BTW ...

Here's the T5p measurements:

1217210257_fYWBs-O.jpg

Note the uneven frequency response through the mid-range; wiggly piggly (sorry, technical term here) impedance and phase response; distortion through the mid-range; ringing 300Hz square wave response; and large second peak in the impulse response.

Here's the Skullcandy Aviators:

1217210273_7YYKy-O.jpg

Note lack of above.

Um ... the T5p's were broken in, too.

They sound pretty much like they measure.

Edited by Tyll Hertsens

Thank you for your concern, now let us continue our pathetic and pitiable existence without the keen glare of your scrutiny and incisive criticism.

And fuck yourself with your added free time.

Note to the other pathetic members: Dinny is on fire today! I am choking back laughter while watching a patriotic video about jury service. :lol:

Now that the douchebag is gone, I wanted to mention something:

I appreciate all the nice comments, and I'm fairly knowledgeable on headphone subjects, but I need/deeply-desire to say that as I investigate products I always find the relevant threads here to read. My experience is that they are spot-on not only in the general opinion, but also in the nature of the disagreements. I ALWAYS walk away much better informed.

The collective here is far, far, FAR wiser than I, and I thank you all for educating me.

And the mods for decapitating the noise.