Will Apple sour?

Tyll Hertsens

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They took existing technology and applied massive marketing.

They did a bit more than that, don't you think?

10 years after the practical introduction of mp3 players and from where I sit, which is a decidedly non-apple-fanboy position, there still isn't anything better than an iPod for 90% of portable mp3 use.

The iPad is nothing more than a tablet pc minus the keyboard which date back to the early nineties, nothing new at all. The iPod also wasn't a completely new approach. They took existing technology and applied massive marketing.

You are an idiot. Better yet, you are a dumb ass.

^^^ This. Unlike others Apple actually pays attention to, and designs for the end-user experience. That is the simple answer. People just want shit that works and they will gravitate to what works best. Oh and they want shit that's cool with unicorns and pixxie dust.

I believe the next big thing will be cloud service, Microsoft is currently on its way with Office and Google with its Docs. These are more targeted with business users. Apple may target their cloud service with more media focus, Apple TV and such.

Their take on music in the cloud has supposedly been in the pipeline for a while now. Will it be better than Mog/Spotify? Will be be marketed better and sell better even if it sucks? Will they just change course and do something else? Given that with iTunes and the iTunes store as a starting point*, let's just say they are not building on the elegance of, say, the iPod. I'd say it'll be anybody's ball game. We'll see.:popcorn:

*With due props to Steve Jobs for breaking the back of the DRM idiots and possibly saving the music industry, if not the world. But I'd still rather have a root canal than use iTunes.

For the first time, I almost feel behind here. I love all my Apple products, and they are truly myriad, but my favorite by a country mile is my 3 year old iMac. To spare you all a soppy missive, I will just say that I can't imagine many people owning a device like this iMac and electing to buy something else the next time around.

I didn't rush out and buy all my apple products at once -- I got them slowly, over a period of years. I buy them because I trust Apple to sell me something I can work with, and something that will continue to do what it was designed to do year after year. There are 5 iPhones in my immediate family, one of which is now on its third owner. The older ones are slow, to be sure, but they work well. Until they start turning out products that earnestly disappoint me, they'll continue to receive my tech dollars.

the iPod was successful because it worked better than any other mp3 player.

The iPod was sucessful because Steve knew you just wanted magic picutures in your hand.

Edit: sorry, the iTouc and phone were. The ipod was successful because he knew people wanted magic access to their music.

Edited by Tyll Hertsens

Their take on music in the cloud has supposedly been in the pipeline for a while now. Will it be better than Mog/Spotify? Will be be marketed better and sell better even if it sucks? Will they just change course and do something else? Given that with iTunes and the iTunes store as a starting point*, let's just say they are not building on the elegance of, say, the iPod. I'd say it'll be anybody's ball game. We'll see.:popcorn:

*With due props to Steve Jobs for breaking the back of the DRM idiots and possibly saving the music industry, if not the world. But I'd still rather have a root canal than use iTunes.

It's been a while now :popcorn:

http://youtu.be/hDXSSi1qStA

Aerial video shows Apple's 500,000 sq. ft. server farm in NC | MacNN

LOL, that's from a real estate agent.

$ 1 Billion Apple Data Center / Server Farm in Maiden NC. 225 Acre Site on HWY 321 and Startown Road in Maiden NC. Apple Paid $45k per acre for the site. I have a huge Site Beside this for $2.7 Million or $11k per acre with 3 miles on the S. Fork Catawba River w/ use and utilization of the River - it would make a great Estate, Ranch or Data Center call ... for more information.