Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

So, here are the two kinds of smoked sausage (the Hungarian, and a few links of the chicken, which I determined had enough moisture to withstand smoking) after a few hours in the grill, and then bagged for an hour in the water bath at 140.

RBvzU0Z.jpg

The red are the Hungarians, the tan are the chicken.  They smelled wonderful.

Looking very good Jacob.

Half and half ftw!  Jacob, I can't imagine how wonderful your kitchen must have smelled after that sausage making marathon (Steve,no gratuitous cheap comments allowed - this is a food thread.  Hmmmm ... on second thought, if I were gay ... sausage comment would be hard to resist, so have at it ) It was a sausage fest, after all.  :)

Steaming the cauliflower seems to work best. Then either mash with butter to taste or purée in food processor if you want a smoother consistency. I also like to grate raw cauliflower and use it like rice in stir fries or chop into thin slices, toss with olive oil and roast on a baking sheet. Latter is my French fry replacement.

Edited by Hopstretch
  • Like 1

Reks and Mike, great looking stuff! I think it's time for a Sous Vide meet.

While I was away enjoying a great music festival with Raffy and John, Gail thought that I deserved a gift. It was normally $150 at Costco which is a decent price but is $119 this weekend. Not sure how long in case anyone is interested :

gujypa2a.jpg

eju6aqa7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk