Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

Finished up the desserts for tomorrow's HC BBQ.  Double Chocolate Brownies, Ginger and Maple Cookies and Chocolate Mint cookies.

i-qV39gXW-X2.jpg

Hoping there is enough for four people when one of those people happens to be the Ginger Avenger.

Prepping the 3 very different Brisket cuts with a rub of Maldon Sea Salt Flakes, Ground Pepper and Chili Pepper.

Whole Food first cut on the left, Butcher full brisket in the middle and butcher remnant on the right.

i-Zf6BSVV-X2.jpg

Edited by VPI

It was going to be good until the traeger stopped feeding pellets as none were falling into the auger. I hate it when there are plenty of pellets they are just not falling into the auger and the fire dies. Lost my temperature and there was no coming back. Might stick it in the oven at this point.

It was going to be good until the traeger stopped feeding pellets as none were falling into the auger. I hate it when there are plenty of pellets they are just not falling into the auger and the fire dies. Lost my temperature and there was no coming back. Might stick it in the oven at this point.

Has that happened before?  If so, time to call Traeger.

It is just a design flaw in the chute. The pellets are piled up around the edges of the chute and if you do not check and shake it a bit they will stay there and not drop into the auger.

Yeah I have found mine does that when getting low. I just check up on it very now and then and mound everything into the middle. Also cleaning it out helps and I'm thinking about waxing it next time to make it extra slick.

Edited by naamanf

Sorry about the Traeger disaster.  I have also experienced lack of feeding into the auger.  I usually dig down and mix the pellets around before starting and occasionally while smoking, and I also do the same as Naaman and pile toward the middle.  Still looks like you are going to have great food and much gas!

One thing I can suggest is clean the out around and inside the firebox.  The ash from the pellets builds up and could be blocking the pellets from getting into the firebox.  Also, make sure you clean off the temperature sensor.

I have two smallish pork butts injected and marinating.  The rub is prepared and smoking starts at 5 am.

One thing I can suggest is clean the out around and inside the firebox.  The ash from the pellets builds up and could be blocking the pellets from getting into the firebox.  Also, make sure you clean off the temperature sensor.

I have two smallish pork butts injected and marinating.  The rub is prepared and smoking starts at 5 am.

Definitely have to clean it out every now and again. Also if you happen to have the fire go out but it's still feeding pellets don't just turn it off and back on to relight. Clean out the fire box and any pellets outside the box. Don't ask me how I know but lets just say I didn't know the outside of the Traeger could glow. If I was on a ship would it would have been wheeled overboard.

mmmm pork. 

Yeah I vacuumed out the pit before I started.  It was just pellets hanging up in the hopper and I was inside trying to do the beans.  Ended up being gross as it never got hot enough and fat never rendered enough to make it tender.  Disaster.