What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

web.jpg?ver=12952326410001

Whisper Cocktail from the Savoy

1 oz Willett rye

1 oz Dolin rouge

1 oz Dolin dry

Stir and drink. I added a cherry because it is a variation on a Perfect Manhattan and because I felt like it.

Oh, and thanks Jim. What's next? :)

Edited by Voltron

stumptown Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Adado coffee off of a ccd

dinny, you should check out stumptown on 29th/b'way if you get a chance. their coffee is great, but be warned, hipster overload!

Thanks, Jin, I'll check it out. You know me--I'm pretty hip. :)

Martini with Hendricks, Dolin Blanc, and blue cheese stuffed olives

Shelly, that drink is win.

I added a cherry because it is a variation on a Perfect Manhattan and because I felt like it.

That sentence makes me happy. I'm going to do more stuff because I felt like it.

wine%201660.png

Jean Milan Champagne. I am celebrating national Tyll appreciation day...... :lol: and it was 86 degrees today and no snakes and I am about to BBQ a couple of steaks and I am getting ready to head up to Yountville in two weeks.

Edited by Augsburger

(Not the 2007 but...) 2008 Columbia Crest Horse Heaven Hills Cabernet Sauvignon - nice for the price ~$12. I am going to have to try more Columbia Crest and Washington reds in general.

Columbia Crest is a pretty good deal for the price and there are quite a few good Washington Cabs and Oregon Pinots for that matter. :)

Dusty says BFFF!

Beer choice is nice here!

I almost said that I bet the beer list could make it worthwhile given the psuedo cocktails made with beer, but I was in mood.

Now correcting that mood with a scotch whisky cocktail:

Golden Dog

1.5 oz Talisker (Lagavulin 18)

.5 oz Benedictine

.5 oz Lillet Blanc

.5 oz R&W Apricot liqueur

Shake (stir) well and serve in a chilled cocktail glass.

web.jpg?ver=12954067920001

Smoky, complex and quite nice. Claire took a sip and practically spat it out saying that it was like drinking Liquid Smoke. I disagree.