What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

fb191571.jpg

so Upland has a seasonal Imperial Red called Ard Ri...was able to snag a bomber...then I heard about it being on tap at a couple out of the way places...but then a place by me announced they were tapping Bourbon Barrel Ard Ri...fucking yum...

this & my stockpile of KBS pretty much make up for my package not showing...

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everybody...

I've been scooped! Gr. Well, I first used sweet vermouth and then Dolin dry. That sorta didn't work. The Vya does work nice though. My calvados is very assertive, it's the first flavor that you taste. Then comes the scotch and the "dashes" make the aftertaste. The vermouth is the flavor that mixes with each of these stages, so it feels to be the most important. Now, the above uses a much more assertive scotch, so I'm not sure how that would work.

Thanks for the link! I'd give it a go I you had time to kill :)

And you know I'm going to try that last one, right after this drink :)

Edited by luvdunhill

I don't have any Calvados here. :angry: So I have to make something green or Irish sounding instead.

Edit to respond to Edit: I thought you'd like that but also the rum/apple one. Please don't put nutmeg on the arrack/tequila one, though. :blink:

Edited by Voltron

Tipperary Cocktail (No. 2)

1/6 Orange Juice.

1/6 Grenadine.

1/3 French Vermouth.

1/3 Dry Gin.

2 Sprigs Green Mint.

Shake well and strain into cocktail glass.

OK, so I doubled his recipe but took Ellestad's advice and did half OJ and half lime juice because I am not a fan of OJ in most cocktails. I had no mint, however, so I threw in a lime garnish for the Green.

4b06eb81-c050-8c27.jpg

Toasting Ken's departed friend Gary and Mike's dear brother Chuck, and also celebrating my 84 year old part Irish mother being sprung from the hospital after two days due to a diverticulitis type episode (her third but least serious). Cheers all!

Edited by Voltron

Nice drinks Marc and Al, will have to try them as soon as possible and toast Gary and Chuck. For tonight no drinking as we are in a hotel in Carlisle, PA on our way to NYC.

How is that Irish Single malt Mikeymad?

Edited by morphsci

Mike B and Scott are sporting some serious brew collections, and Mikeymad is pulling out the serious Irish. Nice all around, except Colin who needs to drink something better than MD.

Moving on to a bastardized Tipperary Cocktail (No. 1)

1/3 Italian Vermouth.

1/3 Green Chartreuse.

1/3 Irish Whisky.

Shake (I stirred) well and strain into cocktail glass.

I have no Irish whiskey in the house, so Scotch whisky will have to do! Again, Ellestad recommends that it be subbed although the Rattray or the Connemara would of course be great.

4b06eb81-c885-7854.jpg

Cheers again!

Edited by Voltron