What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Me: Southern Tier Big Red...good, but not great -- I am getting truly spoiled -- I am getting to the point where I'm thinking along the lines of, "life's too short (as the lemming said) for anything less than great beers".

... a South African Malbec - 2005 Anura that was excellent ...the Malbec was best.
(makes a note of it to add to his list of Malbecs to hunt for...wait, where's that list?...realizes he left at work...remakes list)

bought four more 120 minutes...who knows when i'll see more of that...hmph...

new Dark Lord Day details:

3 Floyds Brewing’s Dark Lord Day 2011 tickets officially go on sale March 19, 2011. Time still to be announced.

What you need to know:

Tickets are $10 each. Money goes to local charity. You can buy more than one ticket, but your Dark Lord allotment is per person, not ticket. You need a ticket to be at the brewery. You must have a ticket to be on site this year.

3 Floyds Post:

-Tickets are $10.

-Tickets go on sale Saturday, March 19th.

-Tickets will be sold through an online ticket broker.

-The link to the ticket site will be posted midday on the 19th on our blog, Facebook, and Twitter.

-Tickets will be required to attend. Police will be enforcing a no loitering policy in the industrial park.

-The admission ticket also guarantees your allotment of Darklord during sales hours.

-You can buy two tickets per person, but remember tickets are admission tickets as well, and allocation is per person not number of tickets.

-When purchasing tickets there will be three time options for bottle sales. (morning, afternoon and late afternoon)

ABC groups

i'm still planning on attending...

made it out alive...barely...they hooked me up w/a free Boulevard Sixth Man t-shirt...

as I was leaving, three "Jager Girls" with Jager jackets came in with their entourage...but i think the place couldn't yet serve hard liquor so they left...i joined their group, but shortly thereafter decided it was a bad idea:)...so back home...

544dce18.jpg

FFF Rabbid Rabbit...another one of their seasonals that i wish was year round...

Edited by emelius

ScoffLaw Cocktail

1 1/2 oz Sazerac rye whiskey

1 oz Dolin dry vermouth

3/4 oz lemon juice

3/4 oz pomegranate grenadine

Shake in an iced cocktail shaker and double strain into a cocktail glass.

Garnish with a lemon twist.

IMG_0107.jpg

Tonight's drink selections will be focused upon making room in the liquor cabinet.

Edited by morphsci

How was that Malbec Jim?

Had some Crios Malbec for dinner tonight - it was quite nice.

After dinner I made lots of drinks for friends: Rum Alexanders, Knickerbockers, (dirty and non-dirty) martinis with blue cheese stuffed olives, and The Liberals. Good times.

Don't have any pictures of drinks but did get a picture of the owl that was hanging out in our backyard during our drinking session.

R81Lp.jpg

Edited by shellylh