What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Opened my Birthday beverage early (next week)

Packing samples to share on my trip to NYC.. not looking forward to the red eye tonight.

-> Invergordon 1966/44 yo 46.8% Clan Denny cask 4995

The plan is to share this around as much as possible and finish it on my next birthday. (current bottle to be finished soon Highland Park 1967/34yo)

stock photo - camera is packed

Dhw96.jpg

Nice birthday present Mikey!!! Have fun in NYC. If you get lost and happen to end up in DC, please bring the bottle with me to share (I will be there until Wed). Thx. smile.png

This is Head-Case. Both.

Since you twisted my arm:

Tried a new beer on tap from Karbach Brewing (a fairly new brewery in Houston): Rodeo Clown Double IPA. It was fantastic! Definitely the best beer I have ever had from Texas and competes with the best of the IIPAs. Guess I'll have to get some more Dreadnaught and Pliny the Elder to have a proper taste off. I would recommend it if you can find it. Of course, I haven't seen any bottles of it yet so it is probably difficult to get outside of Houston right now.

156269.jpg

Also had some Brewdog Mikeller Divine Rebel on tap (pretty good but I couldn't finish the glass, too rich).

Lastly, a very nice cocktail:

Til Kingdom Come

Rittenhouse Rye whiskey 100 proof, orange bitters, lemon juice, and Ginger Cardomon sugar, shaken and served up in a coupe.

I liked this a lot.

Edited by shellylh

Valdez Pinot followed up with a

2007_merlot_napa_valley.jpg

2007 Howel Mountain Merlot from La Jota Vineyards while listening to Emily play Carol Of The Bells. I love live music especially in our living room, and for this time of year it is so comforting.

Cheers all, and safe travels....