March 14, 201313 yr comment_565749 The Dukes of Stratosphear — 25 O'Clock Edited March 14, 201313 yr by cutestory Report
March 15, 201313 yr comment_565835 Spotify has a Nick Cave app. It's pretty cool. You pick a theme (Love, confessional, comic, classic, murder & mayhem, heartbreak, sex, super dark [there's no 'dark', for some reason], etc.), and if you want to you can pick another theme, and then you get a Nick-Cave-approved playlist. I picked Love & Murder & Mayhem. 'cause of course, I needed something that would include, "Where the Wild Roses Grow". The fact that it included O'Malley's Bar was pure gravy. Report
March 19, 201313 yr comment_566557 Brubeck, The Music of America: Inventing Jazz -- on "Take Five" right now Report
March 19, 201313 yr comment_566626 Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush Dang I really love some of his stuff, especially when he goes a step beyond aping Jimi Report
March 20, 201313 yr comment_566728 (hours later) Oh, I get it. The Mary Onettes...the marionettes. @ self Me: Rock Candy Funk Party, We Want o Groove -- diggy-licious instrumental retro funk-rock, how can you not...? EDIT: Okay, that might be titled, We Want Grooove, since that's the name of one of the tracks. on deck: Harry Taussig, Fate is Only Twice Report
March 21, 201313 yr comment_566945 My Bloody Valentine, mbv Yeah, I don't care that I'm at work, I'm listening to this now. Also, only a couple minutes into the first song, and it sounds like they've picked up right where they left off. Report
March 21, 201313 yr comment_567107 Rock Candy Funk Party, We Want Grooove -- like Booker T & the MG's meets a less synthy George Clinton's backing band in Dap-Tone Studios. Dig. Now listening to a bunch of covers of Glass' "Façade". Report
March 21, 201313 yr comment_567112 A chiptune album of The Knife covers. It's really weird, and rather abrasive. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.