April 8, 201313 yr comment_570111 I used to think it was Billy Holiday but Nina has got to be my favorite female singer. The deepest, darkest... most soulful. whatever, she's awesome Dr. Wood very much approves! Report
April 9, 201313 yr comment_570221 Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy. Yes im a heretic...so sue me.. I loved this song. Report
April 9, 201313 yr comment_570224 Infected Mushroom, Army of Mushrooms Totally dig this -- it's hits me at that frenetic, borderline out-of-control chaos energy. Report
April 9, 201313 yr comment_570319 bill evans - you must believe in spring shm sacd this right here. this is why i took my tv off the wall. Report
April 10, 201313 yr comment_570452 Going through this too. Interesting so far. Reminds me of Peter Gabriel yet it has little to do with him. Report
April 10, 201313 yr comment_570489 Going through this too. Interesting so far. Reminds me of Peter Gabriel yet it has little to do with him. i haven't picked up on that. its so weird. Report
April 10, 201313 yr comment_570494 Oh well, the resemblance lasted for two tunes, what came later was too weird for my taste. I don't think it makes, as a whole, my heavy rotation list. Report
April 11, 201313 yr comment_570517 Ruby Velle & the Soulphonics, based on a post of Dan's -- this is groovy as shit, hits me where I live, right up there with Sharon Jones. New Knife is cued up next. Report
April 11, 201313 yr comment_570570 I blame drugs (on the new The Knife album). Pretty much only the first track really "works" for me. The rest of it, I have to be in an entirely different mood (ambient/damnbient/experimental). Report
April 11, 201313 yr comment_570576 Long Distance Calling, The Flood Inside (as well as their other albums) -- metal, very jammy, somewhat "post-", largely instrumental (actually, I remember vocals, so the new album may have more vocals than previous) Report
April 11, 201313 yr comment_570583 i blame drugs on the retarded comic that comes with the CD. it reminds me of silent shout, because that to me was so weird when i first heard it, and it grew on me over time. probably my biggest complaint at the moment is flow of the album, it feels kinda all over the place. Edited April 11, 201313 yr by aardvark baguette Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.