April 19, 201313 yr comment_571971 I cannot seem to stop listening to two tracks: Kwoon, "I Lived on the Moon" and Pulshar, "Nospheratu" The former is pure icelandic shoegaze bliss a la Sigur Ros and New Order's "Elegia", with an epic, soaring climax and a gorgeous animated video And the latter is a groovy dub techno track worthy of a 40 minute extended remix a la Orb's Blue Room...but it doesn't have one. Report
April 19, 201313 yr comment_572022 Listening to more Kwoon -- they range from borderline metal ("The Guillotine Show") to delicate atmospheric acoustic post-rock. Dig. Report
April 21, 201313 yr comment_572182 i think I'm realizing this is now my favorite music, loved even more than the Ellington Blanton album. I had disc 2 on repeat all day, now enjoying the more regimented first disc. I get goose bumps, swept away, transfixed the entire time. eyes closed. Besides the obvious musicianship, composition, there's just something about sparse albums that gets to me. Just a piano, amazing. Report
April 21, 201313 yr comment_572189 ...there's just something about sparse albums that gets to me. Just a piano, amazing. And thus Ran Blake starting here. Report
April 21, 201313 yr comment_572203 Winding down the night (and trying to get the baby to sleep) with Jimmy Scott. Report
April 21, 201313 yr comment_572236 Music weekend. Justin Townes Earle - Nothing's Gonna Change the Way You Feel About Me Now Report
April 23, 201313 yr comment_572475 Juno Reactor, The Golden Sun of the Great East -- you know, it's really sad -- "Juno Reactor" is such a great name, and yet I know that like me, mentally, a lot of people lump him in with all the other instrumental electro artists, but he really is one of the best. And I would have no idea how to "rebrand" him so that he stood out more. He's so much more melodic and lyrical than 99% of all the other stuff, which to me is what it's all about. Report
April 24, 201313 yr comment_572535 Shok from turntable performs on a few of Juno reactors records... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.