What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

The Masters of Reality - "how high the moon" - Live at the Viper Room

CS2023882-02A-BIG.jpg

Other than The Desert Sessions records (all are amazing), this band is perhaps my fav to ever come out of the Palm Desert scene (think Queens of the Stone Age, Kyuss, Yawning Man,10 East, etc.) ... I LOVE every record they've released. This particular bit is an insanely good live recording that stoner/palm desert fans should definitely track down...

Swans at least had that "indie hipster" cred to them, so Agalloch was the more shocking to me...but I was still surprised.

How was the new Swans?  Haven't listened yet.....

I always thought they did the best cover of Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart" I've heard.....

Thanks for this. At least now there's the potential to salvage what is likely to be an otherwise shitty day.

I was mistaken. The day was utter shit, new Agalloch or not.

That said, while giving something a first listen at work isn't ideal, I had this going a few times today and I have to say... I don't remember a damn thing about it. I'm sure it's going to be a grower, because so far that's the worst they've put out. But it sounds like a perfectly competent Agalloch album that left no real impression, which makes me a sad panda.

Damon Albarn, Everyday Robots -- So.  If Blur is an ensemble that contains Damon Albarn, and Gorillaz is Damon Albarn in virtual disguise, then what would an album by Damon Albarn actual sound like?  It would sound exactly like this.

So how do you like it? I've only listened to the first few tracks but found them all really boring. Not saying it won't grow on me, just my initial reaction.

I liked it, actually, but I could see how one could find it boring.  Did you find 13 boring?  I didn't.

I did like 13, but I definitely prefer the earlier Blur stuff. Not that I ever expect Albarn to write music like that again, I respect that he has to grow and try new things.

He'll be at Bonnaroo this summer and I'm trying to decide if I'll go to his set or not. Definitely need to listen and relisten to the new record.