February 22, 201511 yr comment_673956 Looks like they also did Free Fall, but not Dregs of the Earth, the one with which I'm most familiar. Alas. We could always get Louis to remaster them for us. Or I could remaster them myself. Report
February 25, 201511 yr comment_674327 New Swervedriver fucking rocks. It's like a time machine that takes one back 17 years. Slow guitar bends still slay me. Report
February 25, 201511 yr comment_674331 No idea. Click the link. DEW ET. No, seriously, it's this bizarre, muscular cross between shoegazer (My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, et al) and grunge (Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, et al), with this astoundingly strong ear towards songwriting -- if that sounds appealing, then give it a try. Report
February 25, 201511 yr comment_674397 ^^^ How is that Stretch? I just saw a picture of it elsewhere last night. with the opportunity to download/listen, but didn't dig further yet..... Report
February 25, 201511 yr comment_674399 Wandering around a bit -- last night was listening to the new Swervedriver which is outstanding -- I need to go back and listen to their older stuff, but offhand, I think everything has improved -- the songwriting, the playing, the production, they even started doing those slow whammy bar bends that I associate with My Bloody Valentine and makes me weak at the knees no matter who is doing it. Now listening to Knucks' last set. Will probably listen to Ólafur Arnalds' Broadchurch soundtrack after that. Report
February 25, 201511 yr comment_674401 What If SHM has been spinning since I got home. I hate to say it but I dont think its likely much quieter than the cheap remaster on Amazon. I'll have to go back and forth to be sure since every album is so different with this preamp. It may be a bit richer though, I'll know more as I compare this week. SHMs are hit or miss, but when they get it right its totally worth the gamble. Edited February 25, 201511 yr by aardvark baguette Report
February 26, 201511 yr comment_674472 Checking out Wussy. "In which the best band in America remains the best song band in America while passing the Sonic Youth consortium on the outside to become the best distorto-guitar band in America, and although the competition in both categories has thinned out, how many ever dared combine it? Television? Nirvana? The Thompson Couple? That is the territory here. What once seemed the overkill of replacing minimalist Dawn Burman with muscleman Joe Klug opened a thruway to the big beat. What once seemed the neighborly gesture of taking in Ass Ponys steel hand John Erhardt powered sonic dimensions arena-rock dumbos risk tinnitus to achieve with Marshall stacks. The lyrics mix heroic feats of individual transcendence with a romantic striving vexed equally by economics and psychology as the melodies flow on unabated. Gender parity also guaranteed. A PLUS" - R. Christgau Edited February 26, 201511 yr by blessingx Report
February 26, 201511 yr comment_674485 ^^^ How is that Stretch? I just saw a picture of it elsewhere last night. with the opportunity to download/listen, but didn't dig further yet..... Good enough to give it another try sometime when I'm less ... impressionable. [emoji485] Report
February 26, 201511 yr comment_674498 the louder i play this, the better it gets. i love snow days. Report
February 27, 201511 yr comment_674537 DCC. Haven't listened to this in a looooong time. Speaking of... https://medium.com/cuepoint/the-private-photo-shoot-that-sparked-a-war-inside-van-halen-ac6fa2cda7b Report
February 27, 201511 yr comment_674641 Second go and yes, it's mostly (very) good beyond the pure production values. What a great, analog sounding album! Report
February 27, 201511 yr comment_674646 The Times They Are A-Changin'. The times change, but not to my advantage. Report
February 28, 201511 yr comment_674671 Second go and yes, it's mostly (very) good beyond the pure production values. What a great, analog sounding album!Yep and thanks for the suggestion. Report
February 28, 201511 yr comment_674742 Radioactive Man, Uranium EP -- those who dig Knucks' spinning will probably like this Report
February 28, 201511 yr comment_674764 More Wussy. Duo... ... and then Buckeye Edited February 28, 201511 yr by blessingx Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.