What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Wandering around a bit -- last night was listening to the new Swervedriver which is outstanding -- I need to go back and listen to their older stuff, but offhand, I think everything has improved -- the songwriting, the playing, the production, they even started doing those slow whammy bar bends that I associate with My Bloody Valentine and makes me weak at the knees no matter who is doing it.

Now listening to Knucks' last set.

Will probably listen to Ólafur Arnalds' Broadchurch soundtrack after that.

What If SHM has been spinning since I got home.

I hate to say it but I dont think its likely much quieter than the cheap remaster on Amazon.  

I'll have to go back and forth to be sure since every album is so different with this preamp.

It may be a bit richer though, I'll know more as I compare this week.

SHMs are hit or miss, but when they get it right its totally worth the gamble.

Edited by aardvark baguette
  • Like 1

a2976218622_10.jpg

Checking out Wussy.

"In which the best band in America remains the best song band in America while passing the Sonic Youth consortium on the outside to become the best distorto-guitar band in America, and although the competition in both categories has thinned out, how many ever dared combine it? Television? Nirvana? The Thompson Couple? That is the territory here. What once seemed the overkill of replacing minimalist Dawn Burman with muscleman Joe Klug opened a thruway to the big beat. What once seemed the neighborly gesture of taking in Ass Ponys steel hand John Erhardt powered sonic dimensions arena-rock dumbos risk tinnitus to achieve with Marshall stacks. The lyrics mix heroic feats of individual transcendence with a romantic striving vexed equally by economics and psychology as the melodies flow on unabated. Gender parity also guaranteed. A PLUS" - R. Christgau

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 1