January 29, 201511 yr comment_670299 I'm embarrassed I left this off my list back when we were doing out top 5 albums of all time about a year ago. Report
January 29, 201511 yr comment_670300 Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe Loving this album. Report
January 29, 201511 yr comment_670334 Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe Loving this album. Allison and I are big fans... saw them at Lollapalooza last year. Getting tougher and tougher to find good EDM but these guys know what they're doing, instrumentally, and Lauren Mayberry has a great voice for the genre. Been listening to this obsessively since we got back from San Francisco: The Decemberists - What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World Report
January 30, 201511 yr comment_670419 I just received that LP today. Will be having a first listen within the hour. Report
February 1, 201511 yr comment_670722 Supertramp - Crime of the Century [2014 Deluxe Edition] It's been remastered and Ken Scott, the original engineer, has overseen the process. It sounds damn good, as good as one of those "audiophile" vinyl releases I got years ago. Report
February 3, 201511 yr comment_671038 Then: Diana Krall - Wallflower. Kind of meh, seems sellout-ish..... Now: Waterboys - Modern Blues. Not bad, but will anything reach the level of Fisherman's Blues? Report
February 3, 201511 yr comment_671065 Now: Waterboys - Modern Blues. Not bad, but will anything reach the level of Fisherman's Blues? Huge fan of the Waterboys since late 80's ... my personal fav has always been This is the Sea ... such a timeless bit of recording ... but Fisherman's is a close second. Haven't heard Modern Blues but will be checking it ... Report
February 4, 201511 yr comment_671126 ^^ This Is The Sea is a fairly close second in my book, like them both a lot..... Now: some fun Greek Synthpop....2 by Marsheaux, the second being a complete cover of the Depeche Mode album of the same name.... Report
February 4, 201511 yr comment_671128 Then: Diana Krall - Wallflower. Kind of meh, seems sellout-ish.....Same here. Agreed, seems her most mailed in. Report
February 4, 201511 yr comment_671153 Huge fan of the Waterboys since late 80's ... my personal fav has always been This is the Sea ... such a timeless bit of recording ... but Fisherman's is a close second. Haven't heard Modern Blues but will be checking it ... Post Fisherman's Blues, I just go and listen to World Party. As a four album stretch though, I think The Waterboys, A Pagan Place, This Is The Sea and Fisherman's Blues stand up there with just about anything. After that it's just flashes and glimmers of the old magic. I like "Beautiful Now" off Modern Blues. Report
February 7, 201511 yr comment_671448 Yo La Tengo | The Sounds of the Sounds of Science | Grado HF2s Edited February 7, 201511 yr by blessingx Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.