What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

I was pretty disappointed by the new Radiohead as well. It is better than King of Limbs, but that isn't saying much. In Rainbows was good, but nowhere near the groundbreaking statements that some of their earlier albums are. 

I also agree with Dusty, listening to it made me what to go back and listen to the Bends-Computer-Kid A albums from back when Radiohead really made their name.

I'm glad I got a chance to see these guys live a number of times in college and law school. It feels like their glory years are a long way behind them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoonShine said:

I guess I am in the minority here because I absolutely LOVE the new Radiohead album.

I have always preferred their mellower stuff and this is a whole album of juicy delicious mellowness.

Can't stop listening to it.

I agree that it's "juicy delicious mellowness", I just wasn't ready for that.  I'll listen to it again when I'm in the mood for that. 

• Like 1

It's like a whole album of "how to disappear completely", but with even more melancholy, and more refined sound. If the individual songs were buried on the earlier albums they would probably be seen as "refreshing" gems, but I get the apprehension when it's a whole album of the stuff....

(disclosure: Radiohead fan boy)

• Like 2

Still on Tomita -- not finding a whole lot on Spotify or Tidal, and far too lazy to dig out my CDs and/or records, so I went with...YouTube.  There's a nice playlist of most everything (including the Debussy album, Pictures, Planets, and the Grand Canyon Suite -- probably the four most important works of his to me) called "Tomita - Electronic Music Wizard".