What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Allison and her dad were listening to stupid XM's stupid '60's on 6' channel over the weekend and it corrupted me to start this week.

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds 40th Anniversary... I don't know if it's blasphemy to listen to this in stereo but it does sound purty good

Pet-Sounds-40th-Anniversary-Stereo-Digit

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Aura said:

Allison and her dad were listening to stupid XM's stupid '60's on 6' channel over the weekend and it corrupted me to start this week.

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds 40th Anniversary... I don't know if it's blasphemy to listen to this in stereo but it does sound purty good

Pet-Sounds-40th-Anniversary-Stereo-Digit

I love Glen Campbell's guitar work on Pet Sounds. It took many years for the album to garner the acclaim it truly deserves.

• Like 2

Dan is a good friend of mine from high school. He was the best athlete in our class, QB on the football team, leading scorer in basketball, and hit nearly .500 in baseball. He's a businessman -- a successful marketing guy, not a professional musician. But everything he does, he does well. Both his son and daughter are 20-something musicians, and trying to eek out a living doing so. "Kitchen sessions are one take live performances in my kitchen (with an occasional post recording harmony thrown in)." 

https://soundcloud.com/dancarruthers/untitled?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Fantastic version, there, Wayne.  Mia is the daughter of which you speak?

Yes, that's her! Sweet kid, too. They're from the Cincinnati area.

His son goes by his first and middle names: 

The kids are both trying to make it professionally, but you know, odds and all...

Edited by Wmcmanus
  • Like 1