And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I typically did not yell at people to get out of my way at parades, but there were many "accidental" well placed elbows to the side of heads when people annoyed me.

The best part was the same woman then proceeded to get herself in front of everyone (including the photographer for local paper) and onto the street to take photos with her phone.

I went grocery shopping in a tuxedo.

**BRENT**

Brent, I know that you said "if I'm going to be important, then I'm going to look important", but that's not what your doctor said...He said you were "impotent", not "important"! :P

So a couple of weekends ago we drove down to Indy to watch the inaugural Indy Grand Prix on the Speedway's road course. Driving there in the morning, I lost in a game of "dodge the I-65 massive potholes", nailing one with the right-front wheel at about 80 MPH. At first I thought I was ok as there was a slight bend to the wheel and no air loss over then next three days. On the fourth day however, I noticed a hairline crack just under that slight bend. So on went the spare.

Tonight I took the GTI in for 30,000 mile service and while there asked how much to replace the wheel. I knew the answer would be laughable - I was not disappointed. $565 for one 18" OEM wheel. So I just did some surfing on TireRack.com and found I can get a full set of 18" wheels that weigh 5 lbs. per wheel less for $660. I think I know which way I'll go.

check craigslist, someone is probably selling 3 stock wheels cheap :)

Or the vwvortex classifieds

I considered that Dan, but the thought of losing 5 lbs of unsprung weight on each corner appeals to me more. And so like audio equipment, I can then justify (rationalize) the extra outlay. :D

• Like 1

Found out that it had been taking way too much ibuprofen to manage the knee injury in San Diego last October to the point where I now have stomach ulcers that hurt like mofos. Went to get blood drawn twice. First time, the nurse tried 3 times and couldn't get it. They asked me to come back later. The new nurse tried again and failed but the doctor was able to get it. On the way out the doctor noticed a spot on my shoulder where the whole tetanus incident had happened. Pulled up my sleeve and found it draining. Got sent up to dermatology for a biopsy. Was scratching my lower legs incessantly. They have been itching for 3 years without a diagnosis other than neuro dermatitis which is a diagnosis of exclusion anyways. The attending noticed it and started running around. Said it would be best to do a biopsy of the leg as well as the symptoms were indicative of something bad.

'Twas a rough day.