And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I got contact lenses! I've never had contacts before, and so far, the experience is wonderful.  I bought the smallest supply of dailies they sold, and I'll likely get continuous wear contacts once they are out (what I read was that it's best to get used to contacts with the thinner, more comfortable dailies before moving to continuous).  I've never seen so well in my entire life (20/15 with actual peripheral vision!).  I keep trying to move my glasses up on my nose though.  I need to figure out a good pair of sunglasses (I always had UV blocking polycarbonate lenses, with my glasses).  I bought a cheapo pair of Ironman sunglasses from Target, which will work for a little while, but they aren't very nice. Any suggestions for Sunglasses?  I like Ray-ban aviators, but I think I want more of a wrap around style, for peripheral protection.

I like the Maui Jim line and they will go well with your face shape and stylish personality.   ^-^

IFC soccer tournament. They won both games, 3-1 and 8-2. The second game against the team that beat them in the finals during the fall season. Fuck Yes!

Congrats to the soccer team!   Thank goodness at that level the home fans don't riot or burn down anything.

I also have Polish heritage so I had Luksusowa in my Vesper.

Some of the best Vodka I remember ever having was a Polish vodka in Krakow Poland one night that lasted three days.  Then again I was hammered so take that with a grain of salt.  

Edited by Augsburger

The worst hangover I ever had was drinking buffalograss vodka, bought in Poland, and drunk in the Ukraine. I seem to recall a backstory on this one too. You need to make it to one of the gatherings Greg.

The next one for sure, then we can compare war stories, should be a hoot!

Had a lot posted, but lost it all in a crash. Sigh.

I like these, but they're $$$ http://shop.randolphusa.com/randolph/sunglasses-c4.aspx

I recommend going to a specialty shop (say Sunglass Hut or even a larger eyewear store) to find something that is going to fit your face shape and size. If you notice those come in 52, 55, and 58mm. I think Dinny has some in a 52, maybe a 55. I'd be a 58mm, easy. I like the bayonet temples for those, or with the Ray-Ban ones, the ones that wrap around completely. The more "typical glasses" ones tend to be balanced WAY forward, and tend to want to slip off (in my experience.) This was pre-Luxottica days, so maybe they're a little different from the Ray-Ban/Bauch&Lomb days, but I haven't looked too hard at those.

A much cheaper version of the Randolph ones, but still a long time actual supplier to the military is AO Eyewear. I'm seriously tempted to get some of these this year. Lots of options too. http://shop.aoeyewearonline.com/

Man, I shouldn't look at sunglasses... I shouldn't look at sunglasses. OH! The last time I looked at sunglasses I got some titanium Oakleys for 60 or 70% off at 6pm.com You may want to check there. Actually... I'm going to go check there. Bah.

**BRENT**

P.S. Congrat on seeing and whatnot. It's kinda nice.

I want a pair of Oliver Peoples Victory 55s. (Aka the Burn Notice sunglasses). unfortunately, I don't have the headshape of Jeffery Donovan (aka Michael Weston).

Oliver-Peoples-Victory-Jeffrey-Donovan-2

http://www.nycoptics.com/product/oliver-peoples-victory-58-sunglasses

**BRENT**

Edit: WIth wrap-around sunglasses, I tend to see those more as an occasional thing as a daily wear thing, and would, like with shoes, want to go with more of a classic "daily wear-with-anything" set for the first set. The wrap-arounds tend to work better as a more specific set.

I used to worry about coverage going from Oakley M-Frames to E wires.

Oakley-M-Frame-Sweep.jpg

vs

5272cb578a356.jpg

The coverage difference turned out to be much less in reality than what you'd think in theory, because the e wires (lower) sat closer to the eyeball. It still doesn't work for peripheral, but I found that didn't matter as much as you'd think unless you were playing sports.

I had these for playing intramural sports in HS.
$_12.JPG

The blue (I think they're blue) lenses really messed with everything for someone who is colorblind (I imagine it made things odd, I guess I can't quite be sure.)

Edited by MexicanDragon

Soccer Tournament Day 2. They won their third regular game 8-1 to go undefeated in their bracket. They beat the other bracket winner 9-0 to win the U10 division. Congratulations to son (even with the cheesy smile) and coach mom.

fd2e0630f7b8a1e6f166679479f1a7a4_zps9ce9

• Like 7