And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

^ Thanks Brent, but the joke's on me.  MA bureaucracy wins again.  Turns out that the agent I scheduled an appointment with (over a month ago) is only able to help seniors get health insurance.  Even though I might look like one, I am in fact not a senior.  This tidbit of information would have been handy to know, but none of the people on the other end of the half dozen phone conversations I had every saw fit to point it out to me.  I am back to square one (well, square two, I've got all the sodding paperwork in order on my end) and once again am diving face first into the slow, churning gears of the Taxachusetts bureaucracy.  This should be a hoot.

Fun side note: The agent I met with had the first name of Tyll, pronounced "Till."  He's of Dutch descent and named after a folk figure.  He's something of an amateur photographer, having shot both 35mm and 120mm with Rollei.  I did not learn his position on headphones or motorbikes.

• Like 1

That sucks, Dan. Were you able to at least schedule a new appointment with someone who can help a non-senior get health insurance?

On a somewhat related note, it's an open enrollment time at my work/city and there are 12 different insurance options for no apparent reason. I've never any work offer more than 3 different insurance options.

Went to the Rheumatolagist today, where ...

The doctor said the medications are doing great with the metrics (CRP / SED) from the tests (both are trending down)

The chart is looking good. The Knee ... not so much.

So today was the joy of Needles In The Knee, again. 60 ml of fluid taken out, then some cortisone put in.

The idea is to see if that in conjunction with the existing medication will take it down and keep it down. We'll see.

Next visit in two months.

• Like 3

Had to run to my hometown for a minute today and noticed that the old restaurant across from my late Grandmother's house was reopened. I have so many fond memories of that place that I stopped in to see how bad the new rednecks have screwed it up in relation to the sweet old lady co-op that owned it back in the day.

There are kids from the high school who just got out of school and it's rather painful listening to them talk. I'm having flashbacks to why I ran kicking and screaming from here.

I may take it to go.

age6are9.jpg

They do have free WiFi, though, which is nice since you can only pick up EDGE here otherwise.

**BRENT**

Moved my youngest daughter home from college today.

It wouldn't have been too bad except that I just got back from Duke 2 days ago, from moving my oldest daughter home from college, and taking three days to drive back.

I am so exhausted that I'm not sure I didn't actually die and my ghost is writing this...

Thank you gents and Brent. Julie got a full ride for another year and finished the semester with straight A's. Both her daughters got straight A's as well and got into a special medical program for middle school. Yacht formal tonight to celebrate where I shall have an opportunity to wear my nautical themed pashmina afghan while singing I'm on a boat. Another print on 500px got sold. It is a good day indeed. 

Edited by crappyjones123
  • Like 9