And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I actually don't know that we actually went into Canada -- they may have just been saying that. The air certainly didn't smell any different.

Rofl. Sorry that sucks for you dusty but I can't laughing at their "plan"
No worries, I actually started laughing at all their complications and the resolutions to their complications -- and I thought of the flying faster thing, but not the travel back in time thing. (I mean, why didn't they just go to Denver and circle until they ran out the gas?) I suspect they did also fly faster as part of their "plan".

It didn't suck for me as much as it did for other people. There was a whole group of people missing their connecting flights -- some to China, and there is no other flight to China today, so they're...well, a lot more fucked than I was. And at least I could afford a cab ride, there was another girl who just didn't have the $50+ for a cab ride. And it was her birthday. And they weren't comping cab rides. Like they said they would. Next time I'm going to ask for that in writing. Although hopefully there won't be a next time.

2nd worst flight of my life. (It was only a 4+ hour delay, my worst was 24 hours.)

Today: freakin' relaxing! Vacation! First almost week-long vacation since before I was unemployed (I took time off before, but I always did because of something I had to do -- paperwork, cleaning, moving, etc.)! So hurray for that!

So: anyone in the bay area want to do something? I don't have a car, but I could probably get a ride to the BART. I don't have any specific plans other than Saturday night. I know Al is on trial, and I know the rest of you left coasters are probably working during the day today and Monday, but...evenings? I could probably also get a zipcar, which, now that I think about it, I might do for Sunday or Monday.

EDIT: Okay, it's a given, I'm getting a zipcar at some point. They have an Audi A3 near here, and I can't think of anything better to do than rent an Audi A3 with a sunroof and an iPod and go tooling up to Russian River Brewing Co. So I'm thinking of doing that on Sunday.

Dusty, Glad you're safely there. Flight sounds terrible.

This 270m$ pile of fail is opening this weekend so my whole week has been filled with completing a huge order for them. A few thousand units of muffins, cookies and cakes and it is just for Saturday... :blink:

That looks really nice. What is bad about it, besides having to bake too much?

don't let Larry King eat any of the muffins. you won't like him when he's had muffins.

... does his GI system get cranky? :blink:

That looks really nice. What is bad about it, besides having to bake too much?

It does look nice but it cost way too much and the nice 30m$ glass sculpture which makes up the outside of it isn't ready yet. Why, well they got some Chinese contractors to make the complex 3D metalwork but said contractor used sub-par steel so everything had to be torn down again. :palm:

I shouldn't say that I didn't know what "hooding" meant, and pictured an "abduction" type of hooding for a split second before I figured out what it meant.

I really shouldn't say that for that briefest moment while I was confused, I thought I had finally found a kindred serial killer soul on Head-case. Jacob doesn't count, his methods are too primitive for my respect.

It does look nice but it cost way too much and the nice 30m$ glass sculpture which makes up the outside of it isn't ready yet. Why, well they got some Chinese contractors to make the complex 3D metalwork but said contractor used sub-par steel so everything had to be torn down again. :palm:

Looks nice but costs way too much, and uses sub-par materials ... sounds vaguely familiar ... can't put my finger on it... ah well, I give up. But I can see why you wouldnt like it. :)

Hooded my first PhD student. :)

What a great moment! 'Grats!

I get some weird kick out of hearing titles of dissertations in spite of having no hope of understanding them. Do you mind?

I shouldn't say that I didn't know what "hooding" meant, and pictured an "abduction" type of hooding for a split second before I figured out what it meant.

I really shouldn't say that for that briefest moment while I was confused, I thought I had finally found a kindred serial killer soul on Head-case. Jacob doesn't count, his methods are too primitive for my respect.

These made me laugh - I have a whole new view of hooding now. :)

What a great moment! 'Grats!

I get some weird kick out of hearing titles of dissertations in spite of having no hope of understanding them. Do you mind?

The (n)-solvable filtration of the link concordance group and Milnor's mu-invariants.

Clear, right?

Edited by shellylh