And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Good luck Jim! Getting tired of academic life?

Not really, but I'm not wedded to it. I also like to know what I am worth on the job market, although usually that is a bit depressing.

Jim I think you'd be pleasantly surprised. It's big enough to have the advantages of a city, but small enough not to have to deal with heavy traffic and such. It's quite modern, and the city is kept up very well. Lots of flowers all over town in the summer, and great parks too. More bike trails than anywhere else in the country. You can drive 30 minutes and be in the middle of nowhere. The winters are long, but pretty mild. You'll feel warmer than Chicago, because it's bone dry. Even a few decent brew pubs.

Thanks Steve. I've actually been to Anchorage twice before, but for a relatively short time. I liked it a lot and always thought it would not be a bad place to live at all.

Woah. Aren't you a Bio professor?

Yes, yes I am. Ecological genetics and biostatistics and it is a wildlife statistician position.

biology is just statistics, when you get right down to it :)

I cannot fundamentally disagree with that statement.

Congrats Bryan!And whoa... big move Jim :mellow:

The likelihood is that nothing will come of it.

Edited by morphsci

Jim, somehow missed your post in the last page. Good luck with that application - hope it works out, if it turns out that you want to make a move!

Dan, you're a better man than I! Diapers were really tough for me, and was very glad when we got past that stage with our kids. Although my wife didn't help by insisting on using cloth diapers. I tried for a while, gave up and said she can do cloth if she wants, but not me; I'm killing the environment, but keeping my sanity!

#2 decided to show up 3 weeks early so as of 4:23 this morning I'm a dad for the second time. This go around it's a bouncing baby boy named Andrew. Mom is doing great and Andrew is doing well, with a few hiccups. On the fetal monitor during labor he was doing great but in the outside world he's have a bit of a rough go keeping his respiratory rate regular. I'm told this is not uncommon with semi-premature babies so we're all hopeful that it'll stabilize in the coming hours. Lily just met him for the first time and seems ok with the concept, I'll remain hopeful that her attitude won't seesaw too much about that (right).