And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Got my timer interrupts working for blinking my dual color LEDs. Also got finished 4 digit timer adjustment using rotary encoder a few days ago. Gotta incorporate these two things into my main timer code, fix some bugs, and then end myself for being stupid enough to take this class.

Got my timer interrupts working for blinking my dual color LEDs. Also got finished 4 digit timer adjustment using rotary encoder a few days ago. Gotta incorporate these two things into my main timer code, fix some bugs, and then end myself for being stupid enough to take this class.

That all sounds exceptionally Retarded and fun at the same time.

Edited by crappyjones123

Met up with David Berning today to look over my recently acquired EA-230 (thank you Craigslist). Apparently, it's #8 of 10 pre-production units built in 1980. Not much of a looker, but David gave it a clean bill of health and was pretty enthusiastic about the Westinghouse 6JN6's. Pardon the grainy iPod picture.

Such a good guy. Remember talking to him years ago when I bought my microZOTL, which I still have, mostly because I love the amp even though I don't use it often these days... but also because I had such a positive experience as a customer.

That all sounds exceptionally Retarded and fun at the same time.

It's fun when your professor doesn't ramble about microprocessor errata and theoretical state diagrams and shit every class instead of showing you examples of how to actually code, and when you don't have to finish multiple all-encompassing projects through some miracle by the end of the semester (actually, most don't) when all you have to work with is the datasheet and whatever you find online. Oh, and create user manuals and other documentation for the projects which they aren't mentioned until a few weeks before the semester is over. While you are concurrently taking several other ball-busting classes.

Yes mad.

Yes still programming.

drove 2 hours to get to school to pick up my nex 5 which was delivered at the post office yesterday at 9:04am. got to school to find my mailbox empty. called the mail room and was told they never received anything. called the post office to see if i could pick up the box myself.

me - good evening, i have a package that seems to have been with the post office since yesterday. is it possible for me to come by and pick it or know when it will be at the mail room at my university tomorrow?

guy - whats the tracking number?

me - blah blah blah

guy - the box will be delivered to your location on monday.

me - can i just pick it up today?

guy - no, it would be delivered to your address on monday.

me - you have had it since yesterday. why cant i get it tomorrow?

guy - sir, it will be delivered to you on monday.

me - this makes very little sense but thanks for your time.

guy - as i said, the box will be with you on monday.

me - you keep repeating that. is it supposed to make monday come faster?

guy - *silence*

me - hello?

guy - *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

FUCK THE USPS

I've had stuff arrive at UPS sorting facilities only to sit for days because it got there too fast. Never had that happen with the USPS though, so I'd guess that Dan is right and that it's a problem no the receiving end (at the school) that is preventing you getting it sooner.

It's possible that the usps people are ungruntled, of course. And getting an irate person bitching at them for something they can't control will certainly cause ungruntled people to respond less than ideally on the phone.

I've had stuff arrive at UPS sorting facilities only to sit for days because it got there too fast.

I once had something shipped via UPS 3-day select, mistakenly thinking it was getting shipped from the West Coast when in fact it was being shipped from NH. It sat at the local sorting time for extra time so it could be delivered in 3 days instead of next day, which is when I would have received it had it been shipped via regular ground service.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Sorry for your flight troubles Dusty but you know depending on your airline's equipment if the pilot throttles up full speed he will accomplish two things-

1) The faster the plane flies the more fuel is consumed and

2) If the plane flies really really fast it can travel back into time and make up for the delays they caused you, perhaps even land in Denver before you took off in DC.

I know this is possible because I saw it in a Twilight Zone episode a few years back.