System Overhaul Thread

luvdunhill

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Yeah Jon at Lowther America is pretty adamant that the older bullet style plugs have better dispersion than the newer "shower head" ones - he said the new ones actually whistle at certain frequencies. When I got my dx65's he didn't even bother asking me for a choice and just put the bullet style on them.

Fantastic Marc! What are the black boxes in the back/side of the horns? I thought horns like that needed to be exactly in a corner with no gaps.

Those are custom subwoofers, and they are badass! These particular corner horns do not need to be placed fully into the corner, because they are not open on the sides like the old Klipsh corner horns. These are closed around all sides, and it's the folded interior that creates the horn loading. Very complex on the inside. I know because I helped Marc cut the 3000 pieces. :)

I should also mention that as good as they look now, the front face and edges will be covered with 1/4" of solid Wenge. Hopefully we'll get to that sooner than later.

Just beautiful Marc!

• 2 weeks later...