CanJam 2011 is RMAF (Denver CO 10/14-16)

Asr

What'd you guys think of the Sanders?

I thought they were pretty impressive in clarity and air and sound staging. I have never heard timpani heads reverberating after being slammed the way the Sanders portrayed it. It seems that they benefit from being a whole system with matched amps. The problem was that the roller coaster described both the seating and thf music because Sanders played no more than 30-60 seconds of each track. We went from classical crescendo to Johnnie Cash to the middle of a Stevie Ray Vaughn song. It was weird.

So what were the best sounding speaker setups?

These were the ones that kept me in my chair.

GTT room with the big YGAs and the Tenor electronics

Fi/Voxativ single driver room

Empirical room with there modded jc-1 amps and the YGA Kipod II signature

speakers

Allnic/wilson Sasha room

ARC/Vandersteen 7 room

Jeff Rowland/Thiel 3.7 room

Also liked the YGA Carmel/Vitus room

Aesthetix/Vandersteen 7 room

Electra, something like $2200 I think, tubes, don't know much else off the top of my head.

I think it is at least double that but there have been so many versions that I may have lost count. From what I gather it will be more like the WES then the ESX (using the same tubes as these amps) which is not a good thing in my book.

I don't know shit about that, but I do know that I feel compelled to play the old school hip hop channels ever since leaving RMAF, yo.

Word. That was a mad delightful surprise.

Electra, something like $2200 I think, tubes, don't know much else off the top of my head.

I saw that figure somewhere over on HF, too.

I think it is at least double that but there have been so many versions that I may have lost count. From what I gather it will be more like the WES then the ESX (using the same tubes as these amps) which is not a good thing in my book.

I haven't heard the WES for a while, but I remember liking it when I did hear it. If it is indeed $2200, it would be nice to have a commercially available stat amp in that price range that is capable of driving the 007.

I spent about 1/2 an hour in the Volti room. From what I could tell, they were very nice. No honk to speak of, but maybe a touch rolled off on top. Nothing serious and the sort of thing that you wouldn't notice after living with them I think. I was listening to acoustic blues so I couldn't tell you about the bass.