Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pars

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Pars

  1. Fuck indeed. RIP RBG... truly great.
  2. Thanks James! Yes, I had noticed the cap size; the 60mm is appealing for a 2U chassis. It will have inrush limiting; initially CR60 or 90 thermistors. Four of the 470uf are actually slightly more than the two pairs of 680uf, but the price isn't an issue.
  3. This topic has needed its own thread for quite some time (years), so starting one. I may see if I can get a mode to move some of the posts here (Carbon thread, not sure where else they are littered). 11 hours ago, Pars said: GRHV question: I'm building a pair of the singles intended for 400V output. On the BOM I have, there are 2 680uf caps for each board; 1 is a 550V caP, the other a 450V cap. I presume the 550V would go right after the rectifiers in the schematic, and the 450V on the output. The BOM that was posted by jamesmking uses 4 x 470uf 550V Kemets. Is there much difference between the 680uf and 470uf in terms of sound or anything? BTW, I think I had mentioned this before, but the GRHV really deserves its own thread. Confusing to have to weed through the Carbon thread, and I don't know how many other threads with GRHV posts in them.
  4. GRHV question: I'm building a pair of the singles intended for 400V output. On the BOM I have, there are 2 680uf caps for each board; 1 is a 550V caP, the other a 450V cap. I presume the 550V would go right after the rectifiers in the schematic, and the 450V on the output. The BOM that was posted by jamesmking uses 4 x 470uf 550V Kemets. Is there much difference between the 680uf and 470uf in terms of sound or anything? BTW, I think I had mentioned this before, but the GRHV really deserves its own thread. Confusing to have to weed through the Carbon thread, and I don't know how many other threads with GRHV posts in them.
  5. Happy Birthday Stretch! Try not to drink to much wine (or whatever), and hope the air is getting better.
  6. Happy Birthday John!
  7. Looking at the design, and with this info, I'm not sure I'd bother building it. I guess its your money...
  8. RIP Diana Rigg
  9. FTFY...
  10. Pars replied to swt61's topic in Off Topic
    Happy Birthday!
  11. Sorry for you family's loss Al. Pets become valued family members, and their loss is significant.
  12. Getting ready to order the PSU parts and transformers for the Carbon I'm building. These are the transformers I was thinking about: AS-0515 - 50VA 15V Transformer AS-3T325 - 300VA 325V Transformer Let me know if these are appropriate or not. I know the 50VA 15V is big for the requirements, but it is shielded whereas the 25VA are not. It will be going in a separate PSU enclosure, so probably doesn't make much difference, but I prefer the shielded, particularly if it were to be reused for something else. I also don't know if going with the 300VA HV transformer is massive overkill or not. It looks like some use the 200VA, but those are only $1.50 cheaper, are 350V instead of 325V, and are out of stock. The 325V should theoretically give me a raw 459Vdc to work with.
  13. Agreed. I've been watching this, and find it of interest. I'm normally not much of a horror fan, but I'm liking this. My wife and I have the same problem of not liking the same shows. She's more into comedy (Big Bang Theory, etc.) and finds most of what I like way too dark. We watched the first 3 episodes last night. I probably like it more than she does, but she seemed to enjoy it. We'll see if she'll continue watching it or not.
  14. Well, like Lemond said, it never gets easier, you just go faster...
  15. As mandated, for legality purposes...
  16. For $75? Very doubtful. The transformer alone would be more than that. And the one you linked is 100VA, not 500.
  17. Those look like RN65s. The RN60Ds are 1/4W rated (Mil Spec) but are actually 1/2W. The PPM rating should not have anything to do with physical size.
  18. Those are 500R? 499R is the standard value (E96?) in that series and should be readily available.
  19. Damn straight! Happy Birthday!
  20. Happy Birthday Søren!
  21. Happy Birthday!
  22. Your last posts with gerbers were a page back, on Jun 11 and Jun 13. So the Jun 13 board is the latest (same filenames)? Or are those boards the same? Jun 13 post also has updated schematic.
  23. I think he meant to put them in series and take the gnd from the connection between the two, -24 from the negative free end, and +24 from the positive free end.
  24. Pars replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Miscellaneous
    Wasn't sure where to put this. My son showed i to me and I thought it was funny:
  25. I probably have one I can spare John. I'll take a look and PM you. PCB that is... don't have any actual 4CP2500s.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.