Celebrity Headphone Deathmatch

Tyll Hertsens

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.

Which headphone should I get Tyll?

Well, at least you included info about your intended use. For you, I'd suggest the AKG K1000 and a Lava Lamp.

I JUST SIMPLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE BEST HIP-HOP/RAP/BASS HEAVY HEADPHONES ARE I HAVE 400$ TO SPEND SO I CAN BUY EXPENSIVE, FOR GODS SAKES JUST TELL ME!!! WHAT HEADPHONE IS THE BEST FOR 400$ ALL AROUND! GOD!! BEATS?SOUL?50CENT?VMOTA?SONY?M­ICROSOFT?SKULLCANDY?SENNHEISER­?SHURE?BOSE?BOWERS AND WILKENS?AKG? BEYERDYNAMIC?HIFIMAN?WHAT! please, someone just tell me what the best headphones you can get for 400$ are, im a heavy dubstep listener and bass heavy listener, what do i get? pm me

Easy. Darth Beyers!

This was a great read Tyll. I had no idea there were so many new celebrity headphones.

I'd love to see a giant Tyll perceived value list. Every time you review new cans, you could list the price you think it performs at vs the price it sells for. I'm guessing you'd rate the Beats Solo at about a dollar, as it does some things worse than ibuds. That would put it in competition with the Edition 10s as one of the worst values.

This was a great read Tyll. I had no idea there were so many new celebrity headphones.

I'd love to see a giant Tyll perceived value list. Every time you review new cans, you could list the price you think it performs at vs the price it sells for. I'm guessing you'd rate the Beats Solo at about a dollar, as it does some things worse than ibuds. That would put it in competition with the Edition 10s as one of the worst values.

Sounds like you want some kind of value-metric to assign a number to the relative value of a can - sounds very Headfi-ish. Don't think that is tyll's style. Kind of sabermetric-like as well.

VORP = value over relative player/position

VORC = value over relative can

I don't think one number is enough.

I think it will take at least three.

But the decimal system isn't enough either, or hexadecimal.

So I'm going with fruit.

Each digit can be a fruit ... any fruit. So that leaves it wide open.

For example, the Sennheiser HD 650 is blueberry, apple, banana.

The HD 800 is lemon, cranberry, pomegranate.

The LCD-2 Papaya, cantaloupe, banana.

Easy peasy.