Oz Fest!

naamanf

Seeing as it looks like I will be moving away from the great state that brought us prohibition, I think it's time to see if there is any interest in a once in a lifetime Oz Fest? Thinking end of October beginning of November or beginning of February. I would normally say (living other places) that the weather might not be that great, but seeing as what there is to do doesn't really change with the weather, those dates are as good as any. Might make outdoors cooking and smoking a bit colder but I think anyone willing to brave coming to Kansas could handle it.

As for activities, we have a Oz museum in Wamego, Tall Grass Brewery (small but the owner is super nice), Zoo, World Famous Aggieville*, KSU bug museum, and a couple others that don't come to mind.

As for accommodations, I have two spare bedrooms with queen beds, two couches, and floor space for 30. We also now have a Hilton for anyone that wants to live it up.

Any interest?

*World being anyone in the Big 12

Edited by naamanf

Due to the Texas F1 event in November, I vote for february, although what is Oz like that time of year?

Hard to tell. Last year it was cold, in the freezing temps at night, but nothing like the year before where it was single digit.

I also agree Feb would be better. Plus it gives me a bit more time to make some brew.

February! I might even have some leave by then!

Excellent!

Okay maybe a couple more cool things here.

I could give a tour of the helicopters and there is a Cavalry Museum on post. Could take a field trip to KC and go to Arthur Bryants/Jack Stacks/Boulevard.

Plus I'm sure there is plenty of pig to be cooked and spirits to be shared.

Excellent!

Okay maybe a couple more cool things here.

I could give a tour of the helicopters and there is a Cavalry Museum on post. Could take a field trip to KC and go to Arthur Bryants/Jack Stacks/Boulevard.

Plus I'm sure there is plenty of pig to be cooked and spirits to be shared.

In for February, and I call shotgun on the Lakota test drive. evil.gif

Edited by Augsburger